Cars?

Every manufacturer have junk cars? Jeep? No junk there... I might be a little biased though....

Jovian said:
Every manufacturer have junk cars? Jeep? No junk there... I might be a little biased though....

I have to agree with that. They say to not buy a manufacturers first year of production of a new line of cars. Jeep has been making the same line for years.

Jovian said:

LOL, oh man, I've talked to so many people who have had tons of problems with Jeep.

My sister just bought a BRAND NEW Jeep wrangler and got rid of it. It kept overheating and after taking it back and forth to crystler she dumped it.

core_17 said:
I haven't talked to a single Saturn owner that DID have complaints. Really sounds like a good quality car.

I've been very happy with the Saturn wagon that I own. Good gas mileage, great storage room and if there is a repair it's not too spendy. It has over 120K miles on it now.

core_17 said:
My boyfriend says after working for 2 years as a mechanic, he has no brand loyalty either! He says they're ALL crap! :)
HAHA! He's right too! Tell him it also doesn't get any better with time. I was a mechaninc for 10 years before I finally saw the light and left the career :oops:

Jovian said:

Well they are just now finally starting to figure out the problems that have plauged thier "Full Time 4WD" transfer cases in the Grand Cherokee's now. And let's not forget about the 4wd station wagons (originally AMC Eagle) back in the eighties :roll:

That being said thier inline 6cyl engines will litteraly run for EVER :shock:

Canon Fan said:
Jovian said:

Well they are just now finally starting to figure out the problems that have plauged thier "Full Time 4WD" transfer cases in the Grand Cherokee's now. And let's not forget about the 4wd station wagons (originally AMC Eagle) back in the eighties :roll:

I've known a number of people who have had the engines and tranny in their cherokee go out...

Machine May said:
Canon Fan said:
Jovian said:

I've known a number of people who have had the engines and tranny in their cherokee go out...
Well I guess it does matter to some extent what year or platform it is. The V8's and V6's have had plenty of problems. But just about every inline 6 I have ever seen ran forever (even though they burn oil profusely later in thier life!)

I always joke that there are only four moving parts in my Jeep, and that's the wheels. They are so incredibly simple...that they are genious. It's debateable wether or not chrysler was a good thing, or a bad thing for the jeep line... But to make my point... Go to a junk yard and see how many jeeps you find... even when they do die...they stay useful.... they will never be a "junk" car. =)

Old Chevys are great. New Chevys suck. I had 2 old Chevys. I had an 85 Chevy Impala 4 door, which was formerly a police car. It was great. Dark blue. I ran it into the ground. 150k+ miles. Then "upgraded" to an 87 Caprice Classic, which an old man had owned and only drove in summer. It was mint and had like 60k on it, this was in 1997 or something. I drove it to well over 150K too. Then it came time for a new car, and I got a 98 Chevy Malibu in 2000. Worst car I've ever owned. It went back to the dealer for major, MAJOR repairs 6 times in the first 2 years. Things like needing a new transmission, and a host of other major problems. All covered under warrenty, but still.

I long for a Honda Civic/Accord, which ever I can afford when I finally unload this piece of crap I'm driving now, which btw is worth less than half of what I still owe on it.

danalec99 said:
Twist, that looks yummy :D

Do you off-road a lot?

I've only had it since April and I only got out a few times. This spring I'm hoping to do some more exploring and find some fun places to go that are safe. I did have a fun spot, but apparently it was private property (thought it was Crown Land) and the owner called the cops on me.
If I am able to get out more next spring I'm hoping I'll have some money saved so I can buy some sweet BFGs. The tires I have now are pretty lame.

2000 4x4 Nissan Xterra SE, bought it last year and spent nothing on repairs! Hauls @$$ off road, I bought it as a replacement for a 1994 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 which was breaking down every 1,000 miles and was leaking like crazy. Yet, despite that I loved the feel of the Jeep off road.

Other car is a Mazda MX6 "M" Edition, a 6 cyl. sporty coupe, fast and nimble.

I dream of owning a SLK 320 (Mercedes). Some day... :lol:

I drive.... Fiat Cinquecento from 1997. This is my firs car it is sooo small and cute that I love it :) btw I have a driving licence for half a year now :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back