CAT!

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
My friend adopted a stray kitten. Super friendly, don't like the camera though, kept turning her head away. While outside the house on a cloudy day, I had to bump my ISO to 1250 to get these.

Nikon AF-S 105mm VR

Obviously I desaturated the photos except the eyes. I did brighten (dodge) the eyes.

DSC_5194_1.jpg

DSC_5191_2.jpg

DSC_5189_2.jpg

DSC_5188_2.jpg

I really like #3

Loved it; yet avoiding the mouth is not a good idea, provided you include nose; so i like three; nice cat indeed; you must work with her more ;)

Loved it; yet avoiding the mouth is not a good idea, provided you include nose; so i like three; nice cat indeed; you must work with her more ;)

Sorry, but then the username would have to change to a molested cat, right?

just curious.

I keed, I keed,

I actually like the detail, the eye color, and the silvery goodness of the cat. The eye and contrast to the coat in #4 are pretty nice, as far as cat shots are concerned.

It's a cool looking house cat, awesome. It's like an urban safari. It's a bit better than some shots that everyone else with a cat has.

Last edited:
The last looks very like a photo of my cat which I took and PS'ed, selecting colour for the eyes only (!), back in 2006 when - for a short while in my life - I felt compelled to test selective colouring.

Overall I like the second one best. Very nice, though.

Thanks guys. Well, my friend left town for good this afternoon with the cat meowing all the way on the train. She's a noisy one for sure. This is the first cat that I took time to photograph even though I had literally 1 min with her. All the others were just strays, so I've never had the chance to photograph one up close until this time. Hope I've more chances in the future.

very nice! I like #2 the best. Its kinda like selective coloring....except for the fact it actually works for the photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back