Catergorising photography

samoflange

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey chaps - I'm putting together a CDROM for myself a bunch of other students in which to show off our photography (and photoshops) as part of our course at Uni.

As such, we need to divide the work into distinct catergories and we're having a hell of a hard time doing this. One reason is that I and my mate (who are making this in director) haven't seen even half of the work that will be going into it, so everytime we think we've got something down - some new piece will come up n we'll be all like "god damn, where the **** does this go" - anyways yeah, I'm asking for suggestions... what would you guys do? We're looking to group stuff into atergories, in a way that is logical (for people to find what they want) - yet doesn't offend any of the photographers ("WHY IS MY STUFF IN THERE!!!"). Any suggestions would be INCREDIBLY welcome.

Right now we've got;

Sport
Photojournalism
Portrait
Abstract
War Photography
Nature
Paparazzi
War photography
aeriel photography

^^ would you be happy submitting your work into one of those catergories? :S - whats missing, what would you add? etc

We're thinking what we could maybe do is create say, five main ones and then have subcatergories... so we could do "photojournalism" and then have war and sports underneath that.... but woudl that be logical? lots of olld photos of war n stuff - would people logically think to go to photojournalism in order to find those?

Thanks alot guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back