Cathedral Pic Revised

JonMikal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I use PS CS for simple editing; levels, curves and an occasional sharpening. I haven't spent much time exploring much more, but I ran across this tool today that corrects distortion when shooting from low angles. Now I'm sure some of you pros out there are aware of this but I thought this was awesome when i saw the result. I see some loss in quality and the window is a bit off, but not enough to abandon it yet. Here is my original post from the other day and the corrected version following. Which do you prefer?

14083907-L.jpg

14209610-L.jpg

I like the second one. Although you do lose some of the picture i really can not see a lot of loss in quality. Both versions are great. I am not sure who asked you this before but, do you take a bad picture? :wink:

Hmph... I'm totally unsure as to which one I like better. My immediate response is: I prefer the unedited version over the corrected one. Not because of the brilliant quality (for it is true: you hardly see the loss, though you do see it, of course). But because it somehow feels to me that a church from that perspective MUST look like it does in your original in a photo.
Do I express myself?
I guess not... it's because I'm still wondering...

I like both, though I seem to prefer the first as well. Somehow the slight "lean" that you get makes it more imposing, like LaFoto said it's how I would imagine it to look from that angle. However, the second looks good as well and I think it will just boil down to individual preference.

That looks like a pretty handy tool, what tool is it? I don't see much difference at the top and bottom so it must really stretch the top sides. How is the program for ease of control for wide angle distortion?

I prefer the second picture, though the skewing of the stain glass which to me is the focul point is hard to get over. I wonder if it would be so noticable if the first picture for comparison had never been posted in either post? Guess we will never know.

They are both good. The one difference that I notice the most is that I miss the glimpses of the stained glass on the sides in the first picture. It gives me a sense of space in the cathedral. I find it hard to compare the two because they are both so good.

Most reactions

Back