Cattle Egret in CT!

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I know to many of you Cattle Egret are pretty common. Here in CT they are considered a rarity. I saw on the bird list one had shown up the day before a few miles from my house. Decided to go check it out. This bird was pretty crazy and seemed pretty oblivious to me. It was by a pond that has some cows around it and now I know why they call them Cattle Egret.. duh, lol. Thanks for looking and comments welcome..

Cattle Egret 7_27 7 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Cattle Egret 7_27 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Cattle Egret 7_27 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Cattle Egret 7_27 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Cattle Egret 7_27 4 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Cattle Egret 7_27 6 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

They're a dime a dozen here on Delmarva. Beautiful, sharp images of them are a rarity though! I enjoyed the set, thanks for posting.

These are outstanding I think.I rated this post "winner"...much higher than my normal Like or Agree.

Very nice set! It is always fun to photograph a bird you don't see often and even better when you get shots like these.

Awesome. The bow- legged stance and expression in #5 is hilarious.

Some of the nicest bird images posted in a while; I don't think it matters a whit how common or rare the bird is.

Great set Kris. I'm still waiting for one to show up around here, I've been told it's been 3 years.

That thing doesn't look like a cow at all :biglaugh:

But the pictures sure are nice !!!!!!

Incredible shots. Since when do you have a 500 f4? Isn't that like a super fancy lens?!

Jake

Great set and the pose in #5 is an all time classic. First thought that came to mind was Scatman Crothers!

Really nice shots, congratulations. They hang around cows because the cows stir up bugs as the move around.

They're a dime a dozen here on Delmarva. Beautiful, sharp images of them are a rarity though! I enjoyed the set, thanks for posting.
These are outstanding I think.I rated this post "winner"...much higher than my normal Like or Agree.
Very nice set! It is always fun to photograph a bird you don't see often and even better when you get shots like these.
Thank you!
Awesome. The bow- legged stance and expression in #5 is hilarious.
Great set and the pose in #5 is an all time classic. First thought that came to mind was Scatman Crothers!
I thought #5 was hilarious as well. I caught him in that awkward moment when he was turning
Some of the nicest bird images posted in a while; I don't think it matters a whit how common or rare the bird is.
Thank you!
Great set Kris. I'm still waiting for one to show up around here, I've been told it's been 3 years.
It's the second one reported here this year. I was lucky to catch one in breeding plumage
That thing doesn't look like a cow at all :biglaugh:
But the pictures sure are nice !!!!!!
LOL, thanks Bill!
Incredible shots. Since when do you have a 500 f4? Isn't that like a super fancy lens?!
Jake
Yup it is one of those fancy smancy lenses. It kind of happened a few months ago when I switched to Canon. Just one of those things where the stars lined up!

Really nice shots, congratulations. They hang around cows because the cows stir up bugs as the move around.
LOL, I figured that out, I kind of expected it to be like a snowy Egret until I got to the spot and saw it hanging out with cows..

Actually they are native to Africa but have colonized many new parts of the world in this century and should be well ensconced on the US East coast soon very.

Most reactions

Back