CC for OOF picture

VegasPhotoNut

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all, Pretty new to photography and just trying to get some insight as to why this photo appears to be oof. I was using Av set to 1.8 and auto ISO. Was indoors with blinds open, but it was a tad dim. 640iso at f/1.8 1/80. It looked good on the on camera LCD (because its so small) but when loading into aperture it was very BLAH!

IMG_0420.jpg
[/IMG]

Some lenses can produce very soft focus at wide open, although typically not at the center. It can also be that the picture was taken before the auto focus system had a chance to find the best setting. It can also be too slow of shutter speed for the lighting condition.

Last edited:
CC as per req: The picture is out of focus, therefore it belongs in the trash.
As for why it is out of focus, my guess is that the kid moved forward in the time between focus lock being achieved and the shutter being actuated. It doesn't take a lot of movement to lose the place of focus at f1.8.

My guess would be the slow shutter speed of 1\80....if the camera was hand held and there was any movement at all from you or the child the shot would be oof.

Doesn't look like camera shake (look at the bit of carpet in the very bottom right which is almost sharp) or motion blur (blur is too uniform) which only leaves focus

Appreciate the replies, that very could have been the problem considering he was climbing up the stairs. Thanks.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back