CC...need some feedback here on this tree

NikonNewbie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
When I took this (in Auto...sorry it was b4 I knew better :sexywink:) the clouds were wicked looking...made it look apocalyptic, how could I have done this to make it more wicked looking? I failed miserably to capture what I wanted it to look like...the clouds were rolling, maybe it was the angle that didnt show what I wanted...I did want the tree against the sky but I wanted more detail behind the tree, also this was when I all I had was the 18-55 lens.
Please help, I'm taking it to pscs2 and gonna try my best..if you can help I'd sure sure sure appreciate it! Not asking for miracles, not even expecting you to do it for me...just tell me what to do if you have any ideas :)
and would this be somethng to try the ghetto HDR on?
Thanks peeps :hugs:

DSC_2285.JPG

I wish I took it in raw...I could kick myself.

you need to raise the fill light a bit and also the vibrance

you need to raise the fill light a bit and also the vibrance

So,,,i've got my psc2 book out...at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot...which tab do I use to raise the fill light and for Vibrance?
I'm looking at using a Neutral Density Gradient Filter...I'm not sure I'm looking in the right spot in the index
:scratch:

I tried the Gradient Filter...until I figure out the vibrance...
does this look any better? I like the way the sky is darker...but I dont know...I can't describe what i'm thinking I want to see here.
2285Gradient.jpg

:meh: this is so frustrating.
Here it is with Brightness and Contrast changed as well...
2285Grfillcoolbrightnesscontras.jpg

Last edited:
Mow, then reshoot :D

To me it would be much better without the distraction in the foreground, the wicked tree with the wicked sky would be sweet.

To me it would be much better without the distraction in the foreground, the wicked tree with the wicked sky would be sweet.

Ok...so next time it's ****ty out here...I'll take it but dont' include the grass stuff ya think? and then do the pp like I did up above?
I guess cropping out the bottom wouldn't even help huh?
Damnit...I suck. :(

I suck at editing but I tried anyway! I think it might be a bit too dark because you can't see the tree very well in the sky anymore.
m6dyv.jpg

more wicked?

take it at twilight.

well...I think I took it in the late afternoon but the clouds made it dark out...if I took it at twilight you wouldn't have seen the clouds...or would ya?

sure you would. there's still light at twilight, it just has actual color then. assuming the clouds didn't cover the color up

I love seeing the different edits, so I'll add mine. I tried to make it look wicked for ya! ;) I had a little trouble with the white area in the sky that was blown a little, but here's what I got after playing for a little bit!

DSC_2285a.jpg

You don't suck :lol:

That's just my opinion... I like your first edit the best, I just find the other stuff takes away from it and perhaps cropping some off the bottom would actually help. I don't know if it's the dark space there or the weeds themselves that bother me.

Ok...so next time it's ****ty out here...I'll take it but dont' include the grass stuff ya think? and then do the pp like I did up above?

You don't suck :lol:

That's just my opinion... I like your first edit the best, I just find the other stuff takes away from it and perhaps cropping some off the bottom would actually help. I don't know if it's the dark space there or the weeds themselves that bother me.

its ok...don't try to make me feel better now...the damage is done!

:lmao:
j/k...really tho...I'll try to get rid of the grassy stuff.

thanks evryone for the try's at it...I'm wondering which aspect of pscs2 I should be working with...contrast/saturation etc? thats where I"m lost.

I use lightroom 3. I turned the exposure down and burned the sky. I lightened the grass then boosted the saturation and clarity. I also turned up the fill light and the blacks. I find it is way easier to edit in Lightroom :)

Most reactions

Back