CC needed

pinkfaeriekiss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am interested in cc as I am very new to this! I would like to perfect the art of photography!

]

6793051955_a19567f7c8.jpg
[/URL]

To be honest, I don't think you're at the 'CC' stage yet - there are so many issues with these two images that to list them all would leave you more confused than not. Spend some time learning the basics of the technical side (I like these tutorials) and working on getting that right. Once you understand how your camera works, how to use the exposure triangle, what you can learn from a histogram, when to use EC, that "5500K" means and a host of other little odds and ends, then start researching composition, and become familiar with "The rule of thirds", "the golden mean" and other terms.

Number 1 is blurry. Did you add your own blur on number 2? Kinda looks like the instagram blur you can put on your photos on the iPhone.

Thank you! You are absolutely correct, I am not ready. I have been reading and reading tutorials, but as I am self training, it has been a struggle. I think I am trying to take in too much all at once. Maybe I need to stop and work on one tutorial at a time instead of encompassing them all at once! I was hoping to get an idea of what I need to work on, but now I realize it's everything! :) While, that is disheartening to say the least, I've decided that I'm going to try to stick this out! I love taking pictures and I want to get to the point they are "critiq-able" ha! I will be checking out those tutorials, and advice is always welcome!

Yes, I did add a blur, I personally like it that way....just goes to show all I need to learn!

Thank you! You are absolutely correct, I am not ready. I have been reading and reading tutorials, but as I am self training, it has been a struggle. I think I am trying to take in too much all at once. Maybe I need to stop and work on one tutorial at a time instead of encompassing them all at once! I was hoping to get an idea of what I need to work on, but now I realize it's everything! :) While, that is disheartening to say the least, I've decided that I'm going to try to stick this out! I love taking pictures and I want to get to the point they are "critiq-able" ha! I will be checking out those tutorials, and advice is always welcome!
When you were in school did your classes dump everything about the subject on you the first week or did they present things in a somewhat logical manner? You can't learn something as diverse as photography using the "Bulk Feed" method. Learn what the basics are, not all the details but at least enough to know WHAT the basics ARE, and then you will at least be able to take some decent shots. Once at that point start refining each area.

Tirediron's advice is good. Listen to him.

Most reactions

Back