CC on Christmas Dog Photo

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all!

I'm getting ready to make my christmas photos for the year and decided I will do it myself this year! I'm going to make a collage of my animals and my son on a 5x7 holiday print from mpix.

Yes I know it is early to have my xmas tree up but hey I love it so much lol!

Here is a picture of my aussie cattle dog Koda! The crazy nut that he is :)

KA by Rebecca Andresen Photography, on Flickr

1/60, f2.0, iso 250

I was aiming for a good portrait shot of Koda with the christmas tree in the background. Maybe I could have uped my iso? I find it to be a hair cold too am i right?

i think its fine, but his ears and chest are OOF... was that the intent?

I noticed that too. It wasn't intentional at all. I'm still learning dof with my 50mm lens. I should have taken a step back or 2. I'm still learning that lens. I kinda do like how his face is in focus tho. I'm gonna take some more shots tomorrow.

My cats sit in the tree so those should be some good Xmas pics lol!

i like the tree OOF, but i would stop down a couple steps to get his whole body in focus. f 2 is too shallow. i know its not easy photographing animals, but if u notice the tree more in focus than you want, bring him further from it

Sounds good! He's a good boy especially with cookies in hand so it won't be hard to get him back in front of the tree.

It's the 2yr old that is harder to get in front of the tree lol!!

Sounds good! He's a good boy especially with cookies in hand so it won't be hard to get him back in front of the tree.

It's the 2yr old that is harder to get in front of the tree lol!!

my 15 month old runs toward me whenever i try to take a pic. my 2 month old lays there calmly haha

My son is just getting old enough to listen to the task at hand. He'll go stand in front of the tree for about 10 shots. None of which came out with a good smile then poof! He's gone hahaha running around the house lol. I love photographing animals IF they have been trained or semi trained and listen ok.

It's the spoiled rotten beasts that suck to photograph. The ones who have no clue what sit means or stay that just run around and try to get in your camera. Those are the annoying ones!

That dog looks like a person, it's actually a little freaky. It looks like it's smiling for a portrait. Maybe it'd be a good beer advertisement dog... for some reason animals that like beer always talk.

Hahaha funny! Koda would probably be a very good beer drinker. He is chuck full of personality and the looks he can give are crazy! You can read him like a book lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back