cc: on Companion Website

It doesn't matter what site you stick up there you need to resize all images for the web or, as you can see, they slow load or, like you sometimes get on here, they are just too big to fit on screen. H

Not sure if yuo use a Macintosh or not, but it has a built-in System Level feature called Automator. Automator allows you to do all sorts of automated actions, which are assembled piecemeal.

Check out Ben Long and his web site. He is a force in this field. His how-to videos on-line might help you.

http://www.completedigitalphotography.com/

Photoshop (full versions) can also perform automatic re-sizing of images. I could not begin to explain how to do it in a web post...you could search for video tutorials on-line and probably learn how it is done.

Good to see you back here, even if briefly.

I read a statistic once. I don't remember the %, but most people will hit the back button if the page doesn't load within the first 10 seconds.

Personally, I wouldn't wait that long. Your page loads waaaaaay too slow. Like H. said, resize your images. Even at a resolution of 1920x1280 (the largest screen resolution likely encountered on your website) images should load within a few seconds.

Another thing you can do, is save the images as progressive JPGs. That way, the image will load low quality, then a little better, then a little better, and so on until the entire image is full quality. That way, your visitors have *something* to look at while the image is loading.

Not sure if yuo use a Macintosh or not, but it has a built-in System Level feature called Automator. Automator allows you to do all sorts of automated actions, which are assembled piecemeal.

Check out Ben Long and his web site. He is a force in this field. His how-to videos on-line might help you.

Complete Digital Photography

Photoshop (full versions) can also perform automatic re-sizing of images. I could not begin to explain how to do it in a web post...you could search for video tutorials on-line and probably learn how it is done.

Nice to be back. And yes I am now in the MAC World. Use Lightroom 3 and just got elements. I will take your advise...Thanks,
jorge

I read a statistic once. I don't remember the %, but most people will hit the back button if the page doesn't load within the first 10 seconds.

Personally, I wouldn't wait that long. Your page loads waaaaaay too slow. Like H. said, resize your images. Even at a resolution of 1920x1280 (the largest screen resolution likely encountered on your website) images should load within a few seconds.

Another thing you can do, is save the images as progressive JPGs. That way, the image will load low quality, then a little better, then a little better, and so on until the entire image is full quality. That way, your visitors have *something* to look at while the image is loading.
Thanks for the honest feedback. Did you go to both sites? Myfotoworld's tempalte is made with photography in mind. iamnotjerry.com may have server issues.
thanks,
jorge

Thanks for the honest feedback. Did you go to both sites? Myfotoworld's tempalte is made with photography in mind. iamnotjerry.com may have server issues.
thanks,
jorge

I have removed all photos from http://www.myfotoworld.net and am trying to resize them. Trying the option in Lr 3, but find it difficult. I have a MAC and am looking into other possibilites as mentioned above???

How have you put this website together ? I have built an uploader into a website I made for a friend which resizes photos into various sizes when it is uploaded using imagemagik...

Thumbnail
Medium
Web
Original

If you need any pointers let me know.

How have you put this website together ? I have built an uploader into a website I made for a friend which resizes photos into various sizes when it is uploaded using imagemagik...

Thumbnail
Medium
Web
Original

If you need any pointers let me know.
I have: http://www.myphotoworld.net

using Word Press with Photoshot Theme

I am experimenting with the resizing feature in Lr3

Thanks,
jorge

Complete Digital Photography

I followed the link above and it seems to have helped. I had to delete all my photograhs and upload new, thus none on home page: My Foto World
Check it out and let me know.
jorge

I have followed the suggestions and was able to batch resize the photos in Lr3. Now they load much faster. I now need to adjust he quality of the photographs.
Thanks to everyone for your help~
jorge:thumbup:

My Foto World

Most reactions

Back