What's new

CC on this quick photo.

I am just like you in that I don't want to 'set up' photos, I want them to just happen. I want to look at a photo and remember the memory, not how I ran around the house moving crap around and getting my lights set up. .
Exactly...Dont get me wrong, there are times I will want to set up a photo,for instance of a still object like a car or scenery, that goes without saying...However when I see a moment I think would make a good photo, I dont want to lose the moment setting up the photo and yelling at my kids to do what they were doing again..lol..Then you have to fake the moment to get it captured on a technically perfect photo..I think there are multiple layers to the art and science of photography, you just need to see which layer you feel most comfortable on..then occasionally, stretch your legs and take a run at something different..
 
I am just like you in that I don't want to 'set up' photos, I want them to just happen. I want to look at a photo and remember the memory, not how I ran around the house moving crap around and getting my lights set up. .
Exactly...Dont get me wrong, there are times I will want to set up a photo,for instance of a still object like a car or scenery, that goes without saying...However when I see a moment I think would make a good photo, I dont want to lose the moment setting up the photo and yelling at my kids to do what they were doing again..lol..Then you have to fake the moment to get it captured on a technically perfect photo..I think there are multiple layers to the art and science of photography, you just need to see which layer you feel most comfortable on..then occasionally, stretch your legs and take a run at something different..

there are for sure multiple layers ;) but they all have the same basic principals. So what you have to do is learn how to use what your surroundings offer. I find looking at other photographers work to be very inspiring. It helps to see how others capture every day moments. This is one of my favorite blogs to check out, they post daily images. They are not always technically perfect, but most are surely treasured family photos.

CMpro Daily Project | passion + artistry + inspiration
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom