cc please

slash

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
playing with a new lens.

Last edited:
It's crooked and the background stands out too much. Also the building or whatever it is above the fountain blends in. I think if this were shot with a shallower depth of field it would be a great improvement.

I do like the composition for the most part, and the color/lighting seem very good!

Last edited:
It's crooked and the background stands out too much. Also the building or whatever it is above the fountain blends in. I think if there were shot with a shallower depth of field it would be a great improvement.

I do like the composition for the most part, and the color/lighting seem very good!

noted, thank you!

I agree with the first poster. This image would be much, much better with a more shallow depth of field. As it stands now, the background is very distracting. In fact, just about a killer.e

Another suggestion, stopping motion on the water would also be a huge improvement. When using a smaller f/stop (or technically, a larger aperture), you may also have the opportunity to use a faster shutter speed. You could also try boosting your ISO a tad. Since it's a daylight shot, it won't be too noticeable.

good advice, i will try that, THANKS!

Compositionally I might have taken a slightly lower angle. That way the horizon doesn't intersect with the waistline of the vase-like fountain. It would have placed it above the fence. Also, moving to the left, so the shed starts behind the fountain, might (or might not) work better than right now.

Although I agree that a shallower Depth-of-Field would separate the subject more from the background, I would do the opposite of what is being proposed by bpetruzzo. Consider using a tripod, and then making a longer exposure. That will give the moving water a thickness and streaks like a long waterfall. If you also wanted to use a wide aperture (like f/4 or bigger) for the shallow DOF I mentioned, you would need to put a neutral-density filter in front of the lens to reduce the amount of light coming in.

Finally, consider shooting later in the afternoon when sunlight falls in a more acute angle.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back