What's new

Cc pls

mikeyA

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 12, 2012
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Location
Toronto
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would love some feedback. I'm taking a digital photo 101 course at a local college. The assignment was "night shots"

Thx
Mikey
 

Attachments

  • $image-1207151518.webp
    $image-1207151518.webp
    114 KB · Views: 111
  • $image-3096681093.webp
    $image-3096681093.webp
    71.1 KB · Views: 113
Moved to the General Gallery per new guidelines for the Beginner's Forum.

Read the new Beginners Forum description when you get a chance.
 
Out of the two, I much prefer picture #1. The larger size of the bike allows for the details to been easily seen, which adds to the overall effectiveness as the subject, and the concrete street is properly exposed.
 
Yes, me too! The first photo is pretty well executed. The details and light are very nice here and also the background is exposed well... so... go for the first one :D
 
Thx, I personally prefer the first but in the second I captured the whole shadow of the bike... Not sure if that a good thing or not in terms of composition... Lol
 
WB appears as if it can use minor adjusting
 
White balance... Got it... I had a little trouble with that as there were 2 different sources of light that nite... Anything I coulda done in camera or is it just more practical to adjust in photoshop?
 
i really like the second one; the shadow does much to the image....
The light from a house and some person coming out as seen in the first image has some distraction in the first... i felt it like somebody within the frame watching a portrait being taken, which can destroy a portrait....

Regards :D
 
I looked and looked and looked.. Lol.. Did not find a person... I did see an evergreen in the right hand side which seemed to be in a lot doorway if thats what you might have meant... Regardless, thx for the comment :)
 
Next time (if possible) can you turn the handlebars the other way to capture more of the front wheel?

The second one would benefit from a slightly tighter crop to eliminate the streetlights on the far left and right if possible, and the wb does look either a little green or a tad warm to me, but I'm viewing from an iPhone so take that as you may.

Overall good shot.
 
Never even thought to turn the wheel... You right, woulda been money ;)
Thx
 
Any other ideas on how to make this better folks? Thx
 
O, now i see.... i was almost sure that it was a person.... but now i can see it to be otherwise

Sorry for misconceiving

Regards :D
 
I know I'm a few days late to the party...

I like the composition of the second one better. But I think it might look better if we could see the front of the bike instead of its back...
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom