CC plz. My first sunset shot @ Laguna bach, CA

I'd say it's pretty good for your first attempt. Did you try any after the sun dipped under the horizon? That's the best time to get sunset shots so you don't have to deal with the fiery ball limiting your shutter speeds.

I'd say it's pretty good for your first attempt. Did you try any after the sun dipped under the horizon? That's the best time to get sunset shots so you don't have to deal with the fiery ball limiting your shutter speeds.

Thanks, I did not know that was the best time to shoot sunsets, thanks for the advice! I will do that next time.

I want your sky for my pictures......

The challenge with sunsets is to AVOID the flat look, which you see here. The sky is only the background. A foreground or middle ground with distinct verticals and a centre of interest (not the sun) in a well composed shot are what makes the difference in a quality shot.

skieur

RL
try cropping the shot just above the sun, and some off the right hand side of the photo.
the part off the right hand side will eliminate some of the dark heavy side and bring the sun off center.

If you try this please repost so we can see.

BTW
Welcome to the forum

Most reactions

New Topics

Back