CC Point and Shoot

#1 It is over processed ofcourse, but I think if you cropped out the great outdoors it would look a little more interesting. For such a tasty looking Sushi Roll, the dirty snow behind it just does no justice.
#2 Its a blurry GPS and Dash Panel... The road however looks kinda cool. Perhaps a better crop on that as well?

First off, being you took this with a P&S, this really is not the place for that.

What? I shoot with a P&S, and so do some other people on this forum.

I am sorry if my post for CC with my Cannon C90 was not deemed appropriate. I should of said: " I have been experimenting with various software programs that were suggested to me in another post on what is the best software for beginners. On the way home, as a passenger during a snow storm I experimented with several different speeds/ISO on the camera. In the past I never moved my camera from auto. I truly wear the newbie tag and was looking for some CC."

Thanks to all who did submit cc. It will all help as I pursue my concert shooting.
Thanks,
jorge

#1 It is over processed ofcourse, but I think if you cropped out the great outdoors it would look a little more interesting. For such a tasty looking Sushi Roll, the dirty snow behind it just does no justice.
#2 Its a blurry GPS and Dash Panel... The road however looks kinda cool. Perhaps a better crop on that as well?

The 1st was my 1st attempt @ using Gimp on a photo, thus the effects. The roll and the snow were seen as opposites and it was the background on the 2nd that caught my eye. I did nothing to the photo. Thanks for the CC:thumbup:.

Yeah, I posted some pics with a P&S, we all need to start somewhere.. I've seen some pretty decent shots with P&S's.. Just keep moving forward and keep posting pics, with practice and time we all get better..:)

I am sorry if my post for CC with my Cannon C90 was not deemed appropriate. I should of said: " I have been experimenting with various software programs that were suggested to me in another post on what is the best software for beginners. On the way home, as a passenger during a snow storm I experimented with several different speeds/ISO on the camera. In the past I never moved my camera from auto. I truly wear the newbie tag and was looking for some CC."

Thanks to all who did submit cc. It will all help as I pursue my concert shooting.
Thanks,
jorge

Hi Jorge. Often you will get better feedback if you give some information in your original post. What you should have said, is exectly what you should have said. Specifying your intent and what you were thinking about the shot helps. Also saying what you think works, and what you think doesn't. It all helps you get the feedback you are looking for to improve. Nothing wrong with a P&S either.

Can I ask you to expand on how you see the sushi and snow as opposites?
Could you explain what you did in Gimp, and what you thought it added to the image?

Thanks,
jorge

Hi Jorge. Often you will get better feedback if you give some information in your original post. What you should have said, is exectly what you should have said. Specifying your intent and what you were thinking about the shot helps. Also saying what you think works, and what you think doesn't. It all helps you get the feedback you are looking for to improve. Nothing wrong with a P&S either.

Could you explain what you did in Gimp, and what you thought it added to the image?

Maybe I meant non related: Snow and sushi. I always take pictures of my meals if they are not your standard fare... I arranged the sushi as to capture the snow as well, not sure why. I used Gimp, as I am learning the software and it brought the sushi closer to the foreground. I hesitated when it distorted the tire on the car and backed off, just leaving enough to give the sushi an animated look... I am just messing with various things in the software. Thanks for the interest and feedback.

Thanks,
jorge

Maybe I meant non related: Snow and sushi. I always take pictures of my meals if they are not your standard fare... I arranged the sushi as to capture the snow as well, not sure why. I used Gimp, as I am learning the software and it brought the sushi closer to the foreground. I hesitated when it distorted the tire on the car and backed off, just leaving enough to give the sushi an animated look... I am just messing with various things in the software. Thanks for the interest and feedback.

Most reactions

Back