CC??

brookiepictures

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$pic3.jpg$pic8.jpg$gib2.jpg

Any CC... Positive and Negatives please!

C&C per req:

1. Ahhhh... the mandatory brick-wall shot! ;) Technically, it's not bad, exposure and focus are okay, lighting is a little flat, but not bad. The two points that really kill this for me are (1) that he looks totally dis-interested and (2) that you've cropped his arms. Cropping limbs is fine IF you have to, but NEVER crop along a lateral axis (as you have here) or at/near/through a joint.

2. I see a lot of this sort of shot, and to be honest, I don't really "get it"; they could be anyone's legs, but that's just a personal taste thing. Image wise, the feet are too close to the bottom of the frame (always leave major elements in the image a little breathing room) and you've got wayyy too much DoF. Use long glass and large apertures to create selective focus and isolate subjects from the background.

3. This would cute had you shot in portrait orientation (IMO, all three would have been improved by that), and not cropped so tightly. The skin on his hands and cheek also seems a little hot. Consider using a fill flash to better balance the subject against ambient.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

1st one the guy doesn't seem too into it, and has hover hand, and I maybe would have cropped a little more. 2nd one seems a little dull to me, light wise, and I think the background is a little distracting, but I see what you were going for. 3 looks awesome.

Though I will say some parts of 3's skin are a bit blown out.

I think that funny mostly because The guy in the first picture is my friend... that just his face haha to me he doesn't look uninterested but thats because I know him lol

The first one isn't bad, but I think it could benefit from better separation between the couple and the bricks. This can be done with lighting, focus, or both.

I think I see what you're trying to do with the second one--i.e., a fun "hey look, it's young love! XOXO" type of thing--but unfortunately what I see is a frat boy in khakis dry-humping a girl on the street. I think it would work better with different clothing on the subjects.

The baby shot is really nice. The face is a tad "hot" but I think there's a creative argument to be made in favor of that choice because it's a nice photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back