CCT not enough...

By chance is this PT taking potassium supplements or getting a potassium based sodium substitute in their diet?

By chance is this PT taking potassium supplements or getting a potassium based sodium substitute in their diet?

I did not see potassium or any other supplements on the med list.
Diet was listed as "soft foods" but no other restrictions.
PT had a surprisingly short med list for being almost 90.

A "bit" hypertensive? LOL that's bordering on stroking out. My grandfather was in a nursing home for a while and it was terrible. He went to the hospital via ambulance three times from nursing homes, and all times were medicine related. Finally my grandmother gave up and let him rest out the remaining time at home.

A "bit" hypertensive? LOL that's bordering on stroking out. My grandfather was in a nursing home for a while and it was terrible. He went to the hospital via ambulance three times from nursing homes, and all times were medicine related. Finally my grandmother gave up and let him rest out the remaining time at home.

nah...
its only a MAP of 131, which is high sure, but not really high.
nursing homes can be hit or miss. we have some really great ones in our service area, but for every great one, there are a dozen "not so great" ones.
I dread any of my family members needing to stay in one, because i will be an absolute terror on that place if they are not running right by the books.

Interesting, of course a lot of those places don't list vitamin supplements on the PT med list. They should but they don't always. Same as with potassium based salt substitutes. Would be interesting to know what the CBC & BMP showed.

Interesting, of course a lot of those places don't list vitamin supplements on the PT med list. They should but they don't always. Same as with potassium based salt substitutes. Would be interesting to know what the CBC & BMP showed.

sometimes they get labs drawn and have their on-call doctor see the PT before they call us, in which case i have all of those lab values.
other times its just a matter of the PT looks/feels sick, and they just send them right to the ER.
our Miami branch is supposedly getting I-STAT monitors on their CCT trucks, but i don't think we will ever see them in my area.

even on our CCT trucks, our diagnostic tools are pretty much limited to 4 and 12 lead cardiac monitor, BGL meter, and a stethoscope.

Now this is scary...I take lisinopril for blood pressure...one day I might have to go to a nursing home...not yet that old, I was just thinking, is this what I should expect in a nursing home?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back