CD Cover possibility

I think you have go with lower left corner as suggested or remove it. It doesn't look good where it is now. I wish you had removed the capo from the top of the guitar, it is annoying, as is its shadow.

Originally Posted by Digital Matt
I think you should consider re-shooting this and lighting it differently. Get the flash off camera if you must use flash. Try natural light. Go outside on an overcast day. Have the subject engage the camera. He looks depressed.
I agree with that. The shadows and the highlights make it look amateur. The expression is sad but not natural. I like the colors you choose, but I also find that the photo is too sharp for matching the frame and color effects...

Regardless of how you feel about the shot; thats what they wanted, they like the shadows, and it was shot with natural light, it could have been shot anywhere, with millions of backdrops, I captured the shot they wanted, now the butterfly is the problem, I sent a shot to them with the BF in the bottom left hand corner, a major NO GO, so....I guess ill have to figure it out...thanks for your eyes...they haven't seen this one yet...maybe??

Well the butterfly looks lame. It doesn't look right at all. It looks like you just slapped it on there because you needed a butterfly. Its a pretty poor photoshop job. I'd redo the whole thing...use the same photo just photoshop it different. And be more creative with the butterfly. And I still think the butterfly should be transparent. I don't care what if the song makes me cry rivers. The butterfly isn't whats going to make me buy the cd. Its the cover as a whole that stands out to people. p.s. i'm not trying to sound like an ass or anything, i'm just a pretty blunt person. :)

Well shows us what we really know, everyone thought this shot sucked and should have been re-done, although no one really gave a better way to do it, but the shot is, as is, on the cover, they like it and thats all that matters. Now, I can enjoy whats left of my weekend.

Well shows us what we really know, everyone thought this shot sucked and should have been re-done, although no one really gave a better way to do it, but the shot is, as is, on the cover, they like it and thats all that matters. Now, I can enjoy whats left of my weekend.

the right dimensions for a cd cover is 4.75x4.75 if reshooting is not an option lose the border make the photo color instead of the sepia toned create a straight edge border about 20pxs wide and change the typography to something more eye catching and implement the butterfly with that, right now the butterfly looks out of place. If the want to make a nice clean cd cover depend on the way the shot came out to help you 75%

The butterfly is NOT out of place, nor is it lame, nor does anything need to be done to the image; the image has been paid for and decided. Thanks for the shreds.

Actually, I did give you a better way to do it, even a few better ways, but you were not open to them. If you are happy, and the clients are happy, then good for you.

No Matt, I love your work, its not that, you did give other options I didnt have, Im just glad they are happy, as you know, if they are happy,...well..thanks Matt

Wow, this was a pretty heated thread, huh? I liked the picture, I had one suggestion, I'm not sure what type of music this is, but what about a SLIGHT grunge effect on the picture? I did a fake album cover a while back and found that it made all the difference. There are a lot of good grunge tutorials out there. Anyways, good luck with this!

The butterfly is NOT out of place, nor is it lame, nor does anything need to be done to the image; the image has been paid for and decided. Thanks for the shreds.

Don't ask for an opinion if you're not willing to take the bad along with the good. You asked us what we thought and we told you. If you're just going to take it has us "shredding" you then don't ask next time.

Don't ask for an opinion if you're not willing to take the bad along with the good. You asked us what we thought and we told you. If you're just going to take it has us "shredding" you then don't ask next time.

You're an idiot!

Rebecca has a great point. You did post it and ask for input, which won't always be positive.

But atleast in the end you got what the customer wanted taken care of, which is the bottom line in this case. Congrats.

This was a difficult project, as you know, some band members can be hard to work with, I had better ideas and shots, but, the customer is always right, and you have to give them what they want, which sometimes, is a part of this work I don't like. I do appreciate ALL inputs, and your time to view, and for filtering my frustrations.

I'm suprised you even asked for replies, as it's obvious you're not very open to suggestions.

Everyone has said it, the butterfly is WAY out of place, the coloring is distracting to the rest of the picture, which is without a doubt supposed to be the main focus.

The guy needs to open his eyes, literally in the shot.

To be honest I would be more likely to pick up a teletubbies c.d if the two were placed beside eachother.

Just my opinion.

Most reactions

Back