Indeed. I should have used a smaller aperture. More DOF would have given me well-defined "rays". Had I chosen a smaller aperture, the main element in the foreground would still have been strong enough to overpower whatever is in the background.The only thing I can really say is that the "rays" seem more like patches of light and shadow, like any snapshot would have.
Absolutely! This was maybe 15 minutes before sunset. I should have waited just a little bit more.I'd have taken it a bit earlier (if sunrise) or a bit later (if sunset) so that the light stretches all the way to the subject.
What makes you think I'm a 'toban?(By the way... epp_b, what part of Manitoba are you in?)
I did a search for "Manitoba" here on TPF a couple of days ago. One of the hits was a post in which you mentioned you lived in the province... It might have been an old post, though...What makes you think I'm a 'toban?
The dark side is just not my cup of teaHowever, Chiller's photos make me go back every once in a while...
Indeed; eagle-eyed one you are. I was just curiousI did a search for "Manitoba" here on TPF a couple of days ago. One of the hits was a post in which you mentioned you lived in the province... It might have been an old post, though...