Cemetery

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Was at the cemetery today and although I would have muchrather taken this shot at the golden hour for more of a dramatic look, I will get what I can get when I can get it:lol:

cemetary by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

You spelled cemetery wrong on FlickR. No biggie, at least you got it right in the title!

Well, this image confuses me. Half of it is just grass. I'm not digging the composition choice here. I'd like to see something interesting in the foreground. As it stands all the grave stones are blending into the background. 2 fixes

1. get closer to the graves
2. get lower to the ground

There is very little contrast or separation between the subjects and the background.

The processing is good, but your processing is always pretty good. Really you are beyond just the processing aspect of HDR. I think you will see a huge improvement with your images if you pay more attention to the the photograph, allow HDR to be what it is: a secondary tool.

You spelled cemetery wrong on FlickR. No biggie, at least you got it right in the title!

Well, this image confuses me. Half of it is just grass. I'm not digging the composition choice here. I'd like to see something interesting in the foreground. As it stands all the grave stones are blending into the background. 2 fixes

There is very little contrast or separation between the subjects and the background.

The processing is good, but your processing is always pretty good. Really you are beyond just the processing aspect of HDR. I think you will see a huge improvement with your images if you pay more attention to the the photograph, and allow the HDR to be a secondary tool.

i agree just too much grass on the bottom

i think this style of photo would look great B&W

Golden hour? How about WITCHING hour? :lol:

Quick and dirty.........

$cemetery.jpg

All Photoshop Pfun aside, cemeteries can be very cool places to photograph, especially old ones. We have one of the oldest ones in the entire country right here in town (we celebrated our 450th anniversary about 5 years ago) and it is a lot of fun to shoot. Using a longer lens (I used a 105 mm Nikkor around 5 in the afternoon if I remember correctly on this one) and getting closer to the headstones can make for some dramatic effects. There are tons of unique viewpoints to any cemetery, walk around and just look at the graves from different viewpoints and you are bound to find some.

$Old_cemetery.jpg

Last edited:

The processing is good, but your processing is always pretty good. Really you are beyond just the processing aspect of HDR. I think you will see a huge improvement with your images if you pay more attention to the the photograph, allow HDR to be what it is: a secondary tool.

I did not want to get much closer because then I would be walking on the graves and I feel like that would be disrespecting them. I will admit I did think about it but then I thought maybe not and went with my gut...

Good feed back though thanks!!

The processing is good, but your processing is always pretty good. Really you are beyond just the processing aspect of HDR. I think you will see a huge improvement with your images if you pay more attention to the the photograph, and allow the HDR to be a secondary tool.

i agree just too much grass on the bottom

i think this style of photo would look great B&W

I tried it and I think if I did I would have to adjust the levels more for contrast.

Golden hour? How about WITCHING hour? :lol:

Quick and dirty.........

View attachment 6765

I thought about doing that....cool look!

Most reactions

Back