center af point keeps changing

Kathleen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I can't understand this. My center af point keeps changing??? I have it set to use the center one and I'll take a picture and then attempt another shot (same subject) but the af point has changed from the center one. Why would this be?

Don't count on my answer since I'm not a proffesional, but maybe because your subject moved, what camera do you use? If you're using a Canon SLR camera you can set the AF point permanantly if you want, but you could also change it back anytime. Check your instructions manual.

I'm using the Canon Rebel. I have set the af point and set it permanently using the * but it still changes. And the subjects is a flower, so not much movement there.

Where is the focus shifting to, and are you using the Program mode? It should keep the point you pick with the wheel between pictures. I don't have my rebel body here to test with, but are you going back and forth between playback mode? I don't know if that will reset the point.

Or, the other points are just beeping/registering because they're in focus as well as the centre point, but if it is indeed refocussing on a different point, that's a bit odd. Maybe someone else with a rebel can check what makes the AF points reset back to automatic.

If you use the AUTO mode, you cannot lock the af point. In P mode,or AV,TV,M press the button to the right of the * (no need to hold it) then move the wheel and you will see the af point change. It will stay on the one you select. You can see it either by looking through the viewfinder or at the small LCD on the back of the camera on the Original DReb.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back