Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
25grpxf.jpg

29z56xl.jpg

vrbkvs.jpg

vpjgwo.jpg

erbkt2.jpg

Just looking for some feedback on these!

Focus is a little soft in the first, the last image is very sharp.

Okay, what was your goal with these photos? Are they photos of your children? Are you trying to achieve children's portraiture kind of photos? The critique would depend a lot on what your objective was.

As just snapshots/record shots of your kids I think these are really cute.

If you are trying to go for a more professional look, these are the things that I notice without putting too much thought in it (I critique substantially because that is what I like for my photos and that is how I learn, so please ignore it if you want)

In the first I think your focus fell on the basketball post behind them, hence the reason they are not in focus. It is a cute snapshot, though and I like your black and white conversion in that one.

The second one is hard to say but once again I think the focus might be behind the baby... also she/he gets lost in the busy-ness of the background! Once again it is really a cute photo for your personal album.

Third one could be okay with a bit of cropping, right now it is too centred... I find that rules of 1/3rd are the most important thing after getting exposure and focus spot on. The shadow is also distracting to me! Shooting in full sun is a skill that takes lot of practice! Try shooting in open shade (but not dappled)

In terms of catching the moment, expressions etc, I like the last one the best! I can't help but smile with them!

Also just wanted to mention that I personally dislike selective colouring that doesn't tell a story and is very gentle (that would be 99.9% of all selective colouring)... look at your photo: What does selective colouring really add to it? Is it to make your subject the "topic" of the photo rather than the background? In that case you need to find a background that isn't distracting? Is it because it gives the old fashioned gentle hand tinted in the darkroom feel? Not in this case...

IMHO it doesn't work for this image.

Most reactions

Back