CF card errors?

I've never formatted a card in the camera.. I have formatted in xp, 7 and 8 with no errors. The default is set to fat32...

I've never formatted a card in the camera.. I have formatted in xp, 7 and 8 with no errors. The default is set to fat32...

I gotta go home and check. Hmmm

I wouldn't be totally surprised if 'leaving the images on the card' for a period of time...weeks/months?...might cause some degradation...a bit here, a bit or two there, going bad. Perhaps it's the result of a low-level emission such as from a CRT or other electronic device(s) in the proximity that caused the card(s) to go bad.

I learned a similar lesson 25 years ago. I left a partially exposed roll of film in one of my two cameras for several YEARS. After finally getting the film processed, the results were major color shifts, fading, etc. Anyone with too-old film knows the story. Even after scanning the few barely-salvageable photos, I still could not recover the colors and detail with my limited Photoshop skills. Unfortunately, the pictures are not re-shootable. They were taken while on my 2nd honeymoon. We've since divorced.

I wouldn't be totally surprised if 'leaving the images on the card' for a period of time...weeks/months?...might cause some degradation...a bit here, a bit or two there, going bad. Perhaps it's the result of a low-level emission such as from a CRT or other electronic device(s) in the proximity that caused the card(s) to go bad.

I can see that if the images were left on for some time. In this case, the photos affected were on it for a day. Just my luck !!!! I lost two that I wanted.

On that note- I see that some people have been successful saving the JPG preview in LR4. I have LR3. Does anyone know of a way to save the JPG preview? I can preview a perfect image but when its imported- it looks like crud.

I can see that if the images were left on for some time. In this case, the photos affected were on it for a day. Just my luck !!!! I lost two that I wanted.

On that note- I see that some people have been successful saving the JPG preview in LR4. I have LR3. Does anyone know of a way to save the JPG preview? I can preview a perfect image but when its imported- it looks like crud.

Anyone ?

Most reactions

Back