chair in a mess

nvr2low

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i took this pic a few weeks ago and thought it was a loss untill i hooked up a new monitor that doesnt have darkness issues. I tired to change it to B&W but its very grainy when i do. any suggestions?

pict0028edit6rg.jpg

As far as I can tell you've shot this at a high ISO and are getting a lot of colour artifacting (grain)
i converted it using the channel mixer and it came out ok...did a few more tweaks with curves an whatnot. I'll post it here if you like.

JonK said:
As far as I can tell you've shot this at a high ISO and are getting a lot of colour artifacting (grain)
i converted it using the channel mixer and it came out ok...did a few more tweaks with curves an whatnot. I'll post it here if you like.
ya, post it, i would like to see how it came out with someone a little more experienced editing it.

thanks for the compliments on the shot

the 'grain' isn't something you can get rif of easily unless you use some plug-in like Neat Image or something. I've mainly done what i feel is a decent BW conversion and tried to subdue the grain somewhat using an overlay blend at low opacity...bla bla bla
It's a nice image.

I think I like it bwetter in colour....nice tones in there.

pict0028edit6rg0lj.jpg

i think your right, i do like the color version also. is there a free plugin for photoshop cs that will take the grain out? neat image?

You could try to run this one through Neat Image, but personally I don't mind the noise in the original version at all. And I must say that I prefer it to the black and white conversion (nothing against your work here, Jon, it is perfect as always!) for the dark greenish colours add to the gritty atmosphere here.

(I see why a dark monitor may have suggested this one was a goner, but as you can see, it is not! Not at all!)

Most reactions

Back