What's new

Chapman Falls | Black and White

D-B-J

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Apr 13, 2010
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
2,175
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Spent the other day photographing waterfalls. This was the first on my list, and a stunning set of falls. Large, powerful, and this day in particular had a lot of water going over the falls.

Nikon D800
Nikon 16-35 f4 VRII
Circular Polarizer
Natural light

High Water by f_one_eight, on Flickr



Comments and critiques always welcome!

Cheers!
Jake
 
Like-worthy but not comment-worthy? I can live with that [emoji5]️
 
Spectacular! One thing is that when I scrolled down to see all of it, and most of the sky went off the top of my screen, it suddenly seemed much stronger - I think it accentuates the way the foreground echoes the falls. That did cut off the dead tree towards the right, but that didn't bother me. Just my two cents - terrific either way.
 
Spectacular! One thing is that when I scrolled down to see all of it, and most of the sky went off the top of my screen, it suddenly seemed much stronger - I think it accentuates the way the foreground echoes the falls. That did cut off the dead tree towards the right, but that didn't bother me. Just my two cents - terrific either way.

Thanks! Yeah I was torn on the crop.. I wanted most of the sky gone but couldn't decide if i wanted to crop that close to the falls.
 
Last edited:
Definitely comment worthy too. I really like it, loads of leading lines and foreground interest and different elements. It's busy but that in this case is good and it's balanced well too.
 
Definitely comment worthy too. I really like it, loads of leading lines and foreground interest and different elements. It's busy but that in this case is good and it's balanced well too.

Why thank you!
 
It's so PUNCHY! (I personally like the crop...when I scroll so the sky is cropped it shifts focus to the foreground more and makes it seem "unbalanced" to me? I dunno...and I'm a rank amateur, so, you know...I'm probably wrong.)
 
It's so PUNCHY! (I personally like the crop...when I scroll so the sky is cropped it shifts focus to the foreground more and makes it seem "unbalanced" to me? I dunno...and I'm a rank amateur, so, you know...I'm probably wrong.)

No such thing as "wrong!" It's art!
 
Dude. Jeez. I have a waterfall project going on (123 waterfalls within city limits here in Hamilton, ON) and I just want to quit and burn all my photos now, thanks. ;)

But seriously, you are on my small list of people here that I ALWAYS open the thread. Beautiful stuff.
 
This is gonna sound weird... but it reminds me of a pencil drawing. Obviously the blacks are way blacker than what would be with a pencil drawing (I guess... I'm not an artist of that medium, haha), but something about it makes me think of that.

Really nice, though. I love the conversion and the overall and your composition.
 
Dude. Jeez. I have a waterfall project going on (123 waterfalls within city limits here in Hamilton, ON) and I just want to quit and burn all my photos now, thanks. ;)

But seriously, you are on my small list of people here that I ALWAYS open the thread. Beautiful stuff.

Wow, thank you! I love being on small lists like that [emoji106][emoji16]
 
This is gonna sound weird... but it reminds me of a pencil drawing. Obviously the blacks are way blacker than what would be with a pencil drawing (I guess... I'm not an artist of that medium, haha), but something about it makes me think of that.

Really nice, though. I love the conversion and the overall and your composition.

No I could see that, especially with the conversion. Yeah. Silver Efex makes conversions effortless and look... Excellent [emoji16] thanks!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom