Chase- Natural light portrait

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently I got myself all caught up on client work, so I've been able to start editing more photos from my personal shoots. I posted a few photos from this shoot a couple months ago, but only recently did I get a chance to edit this shot. It was a bit of a challenge to balance the light on this shot and I tried really hard not to over-do the editing on it. I've been making a big point to take a much lighter approach to skin retouching, and I really feel that it's been giving me much better looking results (and saves me lots of time which is always good). Feel free to critique.

screen_shot_2015_09_27_at_5_17_49_pm_by_danostergren-d9b5wcu.png

_mg_8153_by_danostergren-d9b5w6y.jpg

Love this shot! The coloring is very welcoming and pleasing to the eye, and the blurred background adds nice depth. The skin retouching also looks very natural.

Love this shot! The coloring is very welcoming and pleasing to the eye, and the blurred background adds nice depth. The skin retouching also looks very natural.
Thank you. I only spent about two minutes removing blemishes with the spot healing brush tool, and then used the dodge tool to soften gradients in his skin tone. The color toning and contrast is what took the most time, and it went through a few different revisions before I was happy with it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back