Chat room

Dweller

Inconspicuous Supporter
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just wanted to let people know what has been happening and why the chat room is slow.

In the last 24 hours 34 times someone came in, saw 2 or 3 people on the users list and left. Sometimes they hung out for a few minutes, sometimes not. Sometimes they would say something, sometimes not.

Over that last 24 hours there were 3 runs of conversation.

If people would come in and STAY in then the population will build again. Come in, say hello and wait around to see if anyone happens to be available to chat. The more people that are in there the more likely that someone will be there to talk.

I know people have enjoyed themselves in there and for those of you that have not been give it a try, spend an hour chatting with whoever happens to be around then come back at another time of day and chat with that group. We are an international crowd and while some are sleeping others are just getting their day started.

I have been in lurker mode for a while due to some major changes in my schedule and available time, but for me (-8 GMT) mornings before work are best for me. That time does not seem to coincide with most of the regular visitors but stop in and say hello and see who is around.

Dweller is correct. If Sara woulda stuck around a few minutes, she woulda seen me, cuz I was makin dinner when she came on... If Uni woulda stuck around, I'd been on shortly, as well. HMPH! Last night was SO BORING in chat. I talked to NO ONE except for a short convo with Dweller.

I had a good excuse for last night! I was ill! :lol:

And tonight the skies are clear so with my reallllllllly bad cold in recession (male colds are always worse!) I'll be out in the freezing night till the early hours! :D

See you guys later! :p

I stopped by the chat for the first time ever this afternoon, only Sara was there...

The most active time in the chat room is usually between 22:00 GMT (17:00 EST) to 04:00 GMT (11:00 EST)

Not that sociable for the UK and Europe but definately worth it if only now and again! :thumbup:

Right now (5-ish Pacific time) there are 6 people in there talking.

Come on in and say hello!

Awww...I just realized that it's too bad unibot wasn't in there last night! The stats page woulda been awesome! Unibot's never seen one ban, much less TWO! (and how many kickings? and HOW many de-oppings?)

core_17 said:
Awww...I just realized that it's too bad unibot wasn't in there last night! The stats page woulda been awesome! Unibot's never seen one ban, much less TWO! (and how many kickings? and HOW many de-oppings?)
I was thinking the same thing! (BTW, Corry herself was banned for a few minutes :p)

People!!! How can chat be active if you leave right away instead of waiting a few minutes for someone to notice that you are on???

* Littleman has joined #thephotoforum
<Littleman> YO!
<Littleman> lloooooooodeeeeeee dooooooooooo
* Littleman has quit IRC (Client Quit)
* Sara_ has joined #thephotoforum
* Sara_ has quit IRC (Client Quit)
* andrea_is_away is now known as andreak
* SE has joined #thephotoforum
<SE> :)
<Corry_Lyn> Whoa...people were here

Most reactions

Back