Chatsworth Hunt UK Fuji pn160ns

gsgary

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.gsgary.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My partner was on the hunt last Sunday so i thought i would shoot some 120 film and digital, first time i have shot color film only shot B+W since the 80's

0831-XL.jpg

0828-XL.jpg

08261-XL.jpg

4 nearest white horse is our's
0830-XL.jpg

Hmm, looks like a very neutral film.

I'm looking for a good color film, been talked into shooting a wedding for a friend but i said i would only shoot it on film so need to find a nice film next on i'll shoot is Fuji Reala, but want some Kodak Portra 160 or 400

What are 'you' hunting for? Hunting was banned a while ago, It'd be interesting to know how it's still being kept alive.

The shots you posted don't convey the benefits of using film to me, even less so considering it's 120. I think it looks quite flat. The only 120 I've shot is Provia, it's the only 5x4 film I've shot too. I'd recommend it but I don't have a lot to compare it to.

Edit:

I'd like to have posted a better picture than this, I don't have the permission of the 'model' to post the best images. I think this was shot on a Bronica. Ignore the bad focus and subject matter, it's purely for colour representation!

forumfilm.jpg

This might give you an idea of what would happen with graffiti!

oreocut.jpg

But. hey. What do I know about film? I'm just a random on the internet. I just read a thing that says that internet critique is pointless, people invariably say they like it or it's not good enough. This is where I'm coming from.

Last edited:
Hmm, looks like a very neutral film.

I'm looking for a good color film, been talked into shooting a wedding for a friend but i said i would only shoot it on film so need to find a nice film next on i'll shoot is Fuji Reala, but want some Kodak Portra 160 or 400

Weddings - are you insane! That film is affecting your mind! (probably that negative smell!)

What are 'you' hunting for? Hunting was banned a while ago, It'd be interesting to know how it's still being kept alive.

The shots you posted don't convey the benefits of using film to me, even less so considering it's 120. I think it looks quite flat. The only 120 I've shot is Provia, it's the only 5x4 film I've shot too. I'd recommend it but I don't have a lot to compare it to.

Many of the hunts that are still running follow a scent trail set down by keepers. So even though they can't track a fox they have a scent trail to track after instead. *here endeth most of what I know about hunting*

On the shot front last one (by Gary) looks fairly contrasty to me and between the blue sky and white horse looks like a fairly wide dynamic range (maybe slightly wider than digital?) however its always hard to compare things on the computer. Also maybe the film needs to be pushed/adjusted after scanning to show its true potential against processed digital.

Fuji 160S was my favorite color film. It was recently discontinued (why does that always happen to my favorite films?), and this is what replaced it. By the looks of your photos, I think I'll like it just fine.

Edit:

I'd like to have posted a better picture than this, I don't have the permission of the 'model' to post the best images. I think this was shot on a Bronica. Ignore the bad focus and subject matter, it's purely for colour representation!

forumfilm.jpg

This might give you an idea of what would happen with graffiti!

oreocut.jpg

But. hey. What do I know about film? I'm just a random on the internet. I just read a thing that says that internet critique is pointless, people invariably say they like it or it's not good enough. This is where I'm coming from.

This is what they were chasing, she never goes out with the foxhounds, they were not my best shots, the b+w i sent in got lost in the post
IMG7268crop-L.jpg

Most reactions

Back