Chatthika - Bikini Shoot

Yeah, the no diving and the depth markings and the bottoms of the grab rails...all that stuff adds realism. Removing the no diving decal and the 8 foot marking would be easy. Cloning or healing and cloning the bottom of the grab rail would be more effort than it's worth, and might look, well, kind of weird. I thought the shadow on the leg was more of a deal than anything with the location or the pool.

The shadows on the leg, along the necklace, etc. seem too noticeable. Even if the hair is tousled I think it might have benefitted from being arranged, one section of hair covers the tattoo a bit and strands behind her back seem to be something of a distraction along the leopard print/pattern.

these are beautiful images. What I'm about to say has nothing to do with your work, but is about fashion; Is anyone else totally bothered by the mismatched bikini trend right now? Sorry, off topic but it bothers me.

On topic: Great shots, beautiful girl, wish I had that body.

great shots as usual trever!
I think my only nitpic would be on #1. I think I would have preferred a little more DOF on that one.
I wouldnt clone anything out of #2

#2. I think Derrel said it best, the way I see it. The markings lend realism to the image, for me. I mean you go to a pool you will see this, ya, I did! The shadow I noted but honestly didn't feel it as much a distraction as it apparently is, same as that small wisp of hair. I love her pose and expression.

Thanks for all the comments and critique. Keep them coming!

these are beautiful images. What I'm about to say has nothing to do with your work, but is about fashion; Is anyone else totally bothered by the mismatched bikini trend right now? Sorry, off topic but it bothers me.

On topic: Great shots, beautiful girl, wish I had that body.
Haha, I notice these things too and I'm not a fan of the trend either.

I really love the depth of field in these; the blur is really lovely. I REALLY love the first image, however I agree with pixmedic and feel that a slower aperture setting in order to get her hand in sharp focus would have benefited this photo. The out of focus hand distracts me, but its really the only nitpick I have. I like the necklace as well.
In the second image I don't really see the shadow as distracting, and I like the pool markings and agree that it adds realism to the shot. That out of place strand of hair is driving me crazy though. I don't think it looks good and it covers part of her tattoo. The hair in general seems messy to me in both images and doesn't flatter your model as much as it could have by keeping it under a little more control. If you didn't have a hair stylist, it may be a good idea to consider hiring one to come along in order to keep your model's hair looking good and in order.

Last edited:
531817_201416913355586_1555825036_n.jpg

Attachments

• $531817_201416913355586_1555825036_n.jpg
    $531817_201416913355586_1555825036_n.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 137
Do her eyes not align with each other? I just noticed it in the last shot you posted.

Wow, I'm gay as hell and I can't even ignore how ridiculously beautiful this girl is. That last shot is great! If I was still living in the Bay I would be doing everything I could to get this girl in front of my camera.

Do her eyes not align with each other? I just noticed it in the last shot you posted.

I have no idea what you mean or how it would relate to my skills as a photographer? Can you explain your critique more clearly or was it just a personal observation about the model and of little use?

Wow, I'm gay as hell and I can't even ignore how ridiculously beautiful this girl is. That last shot is great! If I was still living in the Bay I would be doing everything I could to get this girl in front of my camera.

LOL, OK that made me chuckle!

Most reactions

Back