Cheap Tripod

JacobGriz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys I hope i dont sound like too much of a nube, but here it is.
Im looking to by a compact tripod using money from a site called points2shop.
I want a compact tripod that can fit in the slot in my camera backpack, but can also support a canon rebel t1i with a 70-300mm lens. (dont have 70-300mm yet but plan on getting one in the future). This would be about 5 pounds.
Here's the catch. On the site you redeem your points on amazon, so this tripod has to be from amazon. Also, I want it to be around or under $20. And, it has to compact to around 20" or less. I don't care if its not the greatest quality, just around $20, compact, and about 50" tall because i'm using it as a feild tripod with my backpack. links would be nice.
thanks in advance!
-JacobGriz

people want three things from a tripod, cheap, stable and lightweight. Pick two you can't have all three.

besides the above fact, your not going to find something under 20 dollars that will hold your camera and that 70-300 lens.

try ebay

people want three things from a tripod, cheap, stable and lightweight. Pick two you can't have all three.

besides the above fact, your not going to find something under 20 dollars that will hold your camera and that 70-300 lens.

try ebay

sounds good.

That one looks fine. I bought the Dolika for $40, and I'm happy with it.

So you're comfortable putting $1,000 worth of camera equipment on a $25 tripod? I had a similar Sunpak when I had a P&S way back in the day. It would not support 5 lbs. regardless of what the specs say. I use it now to hold my lens align kit when I fine tune my AF.

I'd advise you to be careful, and invest good money in your tripod. My $150 manfrotto barely supports my canon 7d with my 70-200 lens on it (I had to tape a piece of it with electric tape (didn't have duct tape & electric tape is black so I don't look like a hillbilly :p, and now it's perfectly fine) -- bought new.

I definitely would not cheat yourself with a tripod. You get what you pay for, basically. If you want the sunpak then get it, and put your camera on it when it comes in (fully extended).. if it wobbles, struggles, or folds, then send it back. I use my tripod on top of rocks in streams though, so a stable tripod is a must. You might get off if you just want more stable images or long exposures.

Your call. Best of luck.

Most reactions

Back