Check out my cool new website

There is a picture of a newborn on your gallery site... its wrapped in a white sheet and hanging from a branch... is this a composite picture or is that a special prop that you purchased? I guess, in other words, how did you get that shot? I've seen those "stork delivery" setups in newborn portraits before but wasn't sure if it was composite or if you actually hang the baby in it?

Hey Jackie- I think I have a pullback of this one as well. =) It's a real branch that I found along a local hiking trail. My husband made a stand to hold it up on either end so that it would be secure and would not only support the weight of the baby, but also so it wouldn't tip over. It sits about 4 feet off the ground and I have a big beanbag just underneath in case the baby wriggles out and I had 2 spotters, whose hands are within inches. It's a tricky shot that I don't recommend doing alone or without the proper safety precautions.

There is a picture of a newborn on your gallery site... its wrapped in a white sheet and hanging from a branch... is this a composite picture or is that a special prop that you purchased? I guess, in other words, how did you get that shot? I've seen those "stork delivery" setups in newborn portraits before but wasn't sure if it was composite or if you actually hang the baby in it?

Hey Jackie- I think I have a pullback of this one as well. =) It's a real branch that I found along a local hiking trail. My husband made a stand to hold it up on either end so that it would be secure and would not only support the weight of the baby, but also so it wouldn't tip over. It sits about 4 feet off the ground and I have a big beanbag just underneath in case the baby wriggles out and I had 2 spotters, whose hands are within inches. It's a tricky shot that I don't recommend doing alone or without the proper safety precautions.

thanks for sharing! would love to see the pullback on how this one was tackled if you don't mind sharing. she just looks so perfect in it, i was sure this was composite or something because you would imagine it looking strained if she was actually hanging, but it's so natural! is that a special wrap photo prop or did you just make it out of a plain white sheet? beautiful picture... wish i had one of these when James was born...

the material is slightly stretchy..."dance" material...it doesn't look right with fabric that doesn't give a little.

this is a great looking site farrah! its simple yet easy to navigate and is very professional looking. keep up the great photography!

Very nice site and very beautiful photos. Thanks for not having music that I had to go turn off.

For your newborn shots, were you inspired by Tracy Raver? Or was she, by you? :D

If you were looking for a portrait photographer from Dever, do you think I'd Google 'Farrah Jobling Photography'? I didn't think so. How about 'Denver Portrait Photographer' instead? Or something like that.

If you can edit your home page (Splash Page), I suggest adding some text. Google likes text, Google 'hate's no content i.e text. A short 'bio' (location/specialties) can work wonders in SEO. ;)

Mike- GREAT suggestions...I've changed a few things. I'll work a little more on a "bio" for the splash page, but I added my location and changed it to read "denver portrait photographer" in the title.

For your newborn shots, were you inspired by Tracy Raver? Or was she, by you?

I get a lot of inspiration from Tracy, Kelley, Carrie, Brittany, and many others...I hope someday to inspire others! =)

Mike- GREAT suggestions...I've changed a few things. I'll work a little more on a "bio" for the splash page, but I added my location and changed it to read "denver portrait photographer" in the title.

Sounds good. Just remember, without any text on your home page, Google will have a tough time finding you, at least on the first few pages. ;)

If you can delete 'this site requires flash player 8 and a screen resolution of at least 1024x768' because A) Who cares. B) It doesn't look professional to me.

If you can delete 'this site requires flash player 8 and a screen resolution of at least 1024x768' because A) Who cares. B) It doesn't look professional to me.

Done! =) thanks.

still working on text! =( I suck at that sort of thing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back