Checking out the flowers

Rebellious

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This tiny little olive backed sunbird landed on these crown flowers and posed for a few pictures. The bird is unbelievably tiny and must be very light weight, for the crown flower to be able to support it. For size comparison, the crown flower is as big as a single average sized popcorn.

DSC_3486.jpg
DSC_3489.jpg
DSC_3490.jpg
DSC_3493.jpg

Very nice.
Do you have any of them in flight? I would love to see what that blue patch on the wing does when spread out. Kind of like the red-winged blackbirds in my area.

Very nice shooting......
Thank you

Nice set....
Thank you

Very nice.
Do you have any of them in flight? I would love to see what that blue patch on the wing does when spread out. Kind of like the red-winged blackbirds in my area.
Thank you. Sadly, I still haven't reached the stage of being able to shoot these little birds in flight yet. Have been actively shooting birds for less than a month now :acne:

Nice pics, pretty lil bird! They're so small, I imagine the wing speed is great. Do they hover like a humming bird does?

Very nice.
Thank you. Sadly, I still haven't reached the stage of being able to shoot these little birds in flight yet. Have been actively shooting birds for less than a month now :acne:[/QUOTE]

Well good luck to you with that. I have yet to capture "that" shot of a red-winged blackbird despite them being pretty common by me.

Beautiful shots, great looking bird.
Thanks

Nice pics, pretty lil bird! They're so small, I imagine the wing speed is great. Do they hover like a humming bird does?
Very rarely do they hover. Have seen one hover once, but did not have the camera handy

Well good luck to you with that. I have yet to capture "that" shot of a red-winged blackbird despite them being pretty common by me.
Thanks. Will get there one day for sure. Now getting the hang of it with larger birds, with moderate success

Most reactions

Back