Cheer is fun.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
15 teams in one day at a cheer competition. It's a lot of work and a ton of images but the 1Dx and 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM II were up to the challenge.

Here are some of my favorites. Loving the LED panels that they used at this competition. Would like to have had more but it worked out.

We'll start with the faces and posing

1) I'm ready, take my picture.

Chieftains_RMM-29.jpg

2) Not sure she shared the excitement Saturday morning.

Dreamweavers_RMM-12.jpg

3) My favorite of the day. I knew it when I shot it.

Rainmakers_RMM-17.jpg

4) These girls do some pretty amazing things as a team.

Renegades_RMM-45.jpg

Nailed it!

Cool action shots! My daughter was a flyer a long time ago. I remember being afraid of her spins in the air. Great set!

15 teams in one day at a cheer competition. It's a lot of work and a ton of images but the 1Dx and 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM II were up to the challenge.

Here are some of my favorites. Loving the LED panels that they used at this competition. Would like to have had more but it worked out.

View attachment 185604

View attachment 185605

View attachment 185606

View attachment 185607
Great set!

Nailed it!

Thank you.

Nice set, Ron. I wish this was bigger in Canada; it looks like a really fun thing to shoot.

Thanks John. It is fun and quick paced. Less than 4 minutes for each routine.

Cool action shots! My daughter was a flyer a long time ago. I remember being afraid of her spins in the air. Great set!

Thanks CherylL. Yeah I get nervous sometimes with the flyers and my daughter is a backspot.

View attachment 185604

View attachment 185605

View attachment 185606

View attachment 185607
Great set!

Thank you.

Very good set.......

Thank you.

My daughter did cheer for a couple of years. The music is so annoying. Thanks to whoever invented foam ear plugs!

Great shots. Yup-daughter was a flier. I was glad when she quit. Of course before that was gymnastics and horseback riding. Now downhill skiing. No wonder I’m gray!

Took me a week to edit images from this last competition. Got a few in b&w.

49579494228_dcc586a94a_b.jpg

This comp had a raised floor (about chest high) and I had access to anywhere I needed to go. (Yeah for my teams, I was front and center)

49579494323_e6f496e1a8_b.jpg

I will probably have to shoot one of out Competition Cheer meets, since none of the parents is doing it.
Then we will have some pics for the school's athletic web site.

Jeez but some of those routines are scary.

I will probably have to shoot one of out Competition Cheer meets, since none of the parents is doing it.
Then we will have some pics for the school's athletic web site.

Jeez but some of those routines are scary.

They aren't as scary looking down the barrel of a 70-200mm. You don't get to see as much of the routine.

Most reactions

Back