Cheerleading practice and a bored brother...

misstwinklytoes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I was just practicing again, I think these came out pretty good. Can you tell me what I could have done (other than head chopping off) to make them better? These haven't been edited other than contrast brightness fixes.

Alex can stand up and walk around with his stroller buckled on so I have to sit close...

1. Trying to climb out of the stroller. I know the BG is distracting, but I didn't have much choice.
IMG_1784.jpg

2. Bored brother yawning.
IMG_1798.jpg

3. The lady next to us finally gave up her cup of ice for him to have. Rotten brat.
IMG_1805.jpg

4. Clapping with them.
IMG_1773.jpg

5. My cheerleader... she always has chocolate before pictures... makes for some rough looking teeth.
IMG_1808.jpg

Last edited:
I also like 3 &5! Cute kids :)

Thanks yall. We did have fun. If only I could have kept him in the stroller the whole time. It's extremely hard to keep a 7 yr old focused on practice for 2 hrs and even harder to keep her 2 yr old brother entertained.

As far as the exposure, I can never get a perfect exposure... it's always under or over. Gargh.

Chocolate is for AFTER picture taking!

Soooooo...what are you aiming for with your picture taking?

These are snapshots. Honestly, I don't even find them interesting enough for a scrapbook. If you are practicing exposure, ok, we'll go with that.

Do you use your light meter? What metering mode do you use?

The biggest thing that kills these, is the background. The second thing is the framing. Often too tight or awkward "posing", and placement of the subject. Back off woman! Give yourself some leeway for fine tuning your crop later. You can alway crop tighter, but it is a LOT of work to crop bigger.

It seems like you know when something is focused well, and know what a good exposure should look like. Keep practicing. I want to see a post of images that are controlled. Paying attention to your background. Waiting for the"right" moment to click the shutter. Not being distracted by the other child. No dirty faces, no nasty teeth.

You asked. I delivered.

Oh! What I do wanna see, is the kidlet walking while strapped into the stroller!

Oh Bitter! You break my heart! :lmao:

Can you tell me what I could have done (other than head chopping off) to make them better?

I warned you!

You said:
I want to see a post of images that are controlled. Paying attention to your background. Waiting for the"right" moment to click the shutter. Not being distracted by the other child. No dirty faces, no nasty teeth.

This rarely, if ever happens for me! My son is almost always with me because of my husband's stupid work hours!

My Toola Roola pics were pretty well thought out and I tried hard and didn't have a tot on my hip!

If I can get a pic of him doing the stroller walk I totally will! It's funny, but it doesn't last long without whining!

Sooo, where do you want to go with your photography? What's your goal?

lol! Well, I'd eventually like to get good enough to do senior portraits, engagement photos, infant/maternity pics, etc. I realize that I'm saying that I don't have a baby sitter. I realize I can't do that with a baby sitter. There's a lot of backstory to it.

Quickly, we've moved to TX for my husband job and don't know anyone well enough to babysit. My daughter is extremely active in school and extracurricular activities, etc. I'm taking classes as well. My mom (lives 2 hrs away, and is currently very ill) is my normal babysitter, but is unable to at this time. I live in a very chaotic world.

It makes my photography more of a challenge and more of a warm fuzzy feeling when I get a decent picture.

Understood.

I just wanted a reference of what you are striving for, so you can be critiqued accordingly. :D

Well I guess it's a good thing you didn't save them cause now you don't have to delete them! ;)

I on the other hand will keep them as memories of my kids and steps in a learning process! :lol:

Well I guess it's a good thing you didn't save them cause now you don't have to delete them! ;)

I on the other hand will keep them as memories of my kids and steps in a learning process! :lol:

He's not going anywhere you can do much better take your time don't just snap move further away and get at eye level

I was pretty much at eye level with him. And yeah he does go places... constantly. He's learned how to stand up with the stroller on his back so I have to really keep an eye on him, which is why I couldn't scoot back.

But yeah, I agree I can do better, that's why I'm asking for C&C, so I can learn and take my pictures one step further.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back