Cherished Memories.

PlasticSpanner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cheshirecatcarclub.info
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Not too sure if this should be here or the general gallery but just in case...........(Some people may be offended by graves or consider it intrusive to photograph them & I can understand that)

4529-Cherished-Memories.jpg

I love how so many grave stones simply say "...who fell asleep..." It's such a kind way of saying it :)

great photo with lots of emotion running through it, would like to see B/W version of it, with just the tulip heads in colour.
TFS

I like this photo very much, mostly so the framing and POV that you chose for this so you'd so nicely include all the flowers that adorn this grave, also those that cover the ground. The overall composition carries a lot of emotion, and with something like this I don't feel you might be intruding. Much rather further honouring those that a buried here.

If this version is really that much "darkside" (by the definition that I believe is given to the term, though I see that it can be VERY flexible) is to be debated, but a black and white one could certainly be, I guess. I'd have to play with the curves myself to see what is in it and how it could then be presented, but I believe it has quite some potential.

Selective colouring is another option, but I would then not leave ALL the tulip blossoms in colour, but maybe one or two. But I'd have to "play" and then see for myself.

Thanks for the comments.:thumbup:

Please feel free to have a play with it to see how it looks in different ways. :)

Corinna, if it is going to be OK in the general gallery please feel free to move it. I wasn't sure where it should go myself! :lol:

I've never seen one that said "...who fell sleep..."! NEVER! Maybe it's a UK thing? Or maybe I just haven't seen them. I like this shot though! Only crit I have is that you cut off the words on the gravestone, and I think it might be a tad better if it were included. Could be wrong though.

core_17 said:
I've never seen one that said "...who fell sleep..."! NEVER! Maybe it's a UK thing? Or maybe I just haven't seen them. I like this shot though! Only crit I have is that you cut off the words on the gravestone, and I think it might be a tad better if it were included. Could be wrong though.

Very common choice of words in the UK. We tend to have very little detail on the actual cause/mode of death, but a handful of stock expressions. Personalised messages are very rare as well, perhaps less so these days, but still.

Rob

Most reactions

Back