Chicago C&C

KillerKowalski

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was taken from the 61st floor of the John Hancock Center.

JohnHancockCenter61stFloorCondo.jpg

Last edited:
I love city shots at night.

Very nice. Well executed. How about trying one looking down into the buildings a little more (and eliminating the sky) but with a wider lens?

Thank you for the reply!

I didn't think of that. I appreciate it. Once I got to the floor my tripod head broke off my tripod, so I took this against the window propped by three pillows. What a pain! Also, I was afraid of clipping any of the tops of the skyscrapers especially the "Sears" Tower.

A wider lens would be nice. That's why I really want the Sigma 8-16. Any suggestions/recommendations for one?!

I like it as is - the wider shot would be interesting in a different way - especially good work under the circumstances you describe.

This is really more S than W, though, isn't it? As I remember, if you really look due W, there isn't that much to see.

I really like this photo. It was a good choice to shoot in vertical orientation to emphasize the heights of the buildings.

Might be my eyes, but I'm noticing some barrel distortion in the tall building on the right.

Love the shot otherwise

I like it as is - the wider shot would be interesting in a different way - especially good work under the circumstances you describe.

This is really more S than W, though, isn't it? As I remember, if you really look due W, there isn't that much to see.

LOL! Now I am turned around. You might be correct.

i took a load of daylight shots from the Hancock, even bought the extended pass to go back, but assumed at night the glare from the coffee shop lights would have been to harsh - guess that's not the case? I'm going back next week - guess I should pay a nightime visit to the hancock.

Lighting (reflection) from inside was a problem at first. I turned off the lights to stop it. And, I was lucky. The window was just cleaned the day I took the picture.

Tokina 11-16 f/2.8!!

oh yeah. since you are in chicago. You should come down and check out my homegirls show. ♫ http://3.bp.blogspot.com/[email protected]

free show with live bands and free booze!! i'll be working the photobooth!

I have been reading and seeing the Tokina a lot more. 2.8 is pretty fast.

I will check it out!

Its a fairly decent price too.. about 600 which is about the same price as most wide angle lenses but this one is 2.8. I personally dont have it. But alot of photographers i know swear by it. it is in my cart right now on amazon. I just have to butter up my fiance so she dont trip about 600 missing from our account. =)

Tokina 11-16 f/2.8!!

oh yeah. since you are in chicago. You should come down and check out my homegirls show. ♫ http://3.bp.blogspot.com/[email protected]

free show with live bands and free booze!! i'll be working the photobooth!

I have been reading and seeing the Tokina a lot more. 2.8 is pretty fast.

I will check it out!

Its a fairly decent price too.. about 600 which is about the same price as most wide angle lenses but this one is 2.8. I personally dont have it. But alot of photographers i know swear by it. it is in my cart right now on amazon. I just have to butter up my fiance so she dont trip about 600 missing from our account. =)

LOl! I hear you about the coin. Mine always asks, "what came for you in the mail now?!" I was deciding between the Sigma and Tokina. My decision was just rectified.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back