What's new

Chicago Skyline / CTA Train

For9Studios

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 25, 2011
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Chicago
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this this past Sunday. It is a view from my cousin's condo. Please take a look and provide some C&C. Thanks in advance!

1169154994_ugerW-L.jpg
 
Well your cousin has an awesome view! But I don't think it makes for a great photo, it's too busy and my eyes don't know what to look at. And it doesn't help that the lower half is underexposed. I think it would be better if you could tighten up on just the skyline and eliminate the lower half, or crop out the lower half in PP. But even then you still have some obstructions unless you want to tighten up on a narrower field of view, like the Sears Tower (or whatever it's called now).

Awesome view to look at out your window, but probably not an awesome photo vantage point. IMO.
 
Thank you for your feedback. I agree that the bottom is a bit under-exposed but I shot this during the day and that portion of the scene was dark to begin with. What I was trying to get out of this shot was a combo of the city skyline and the neighborhood (trying to paint the whole picture). Train, graffiti, buildings, etc.

I see too many pictures of just the skyline so I was trying to get a different view (change it up a bit).

I do appreciate your feedback. Thanks!
 
Great picture! Im looking forward to getting back to Chicago with my new camera.
 
I would crop the bottom portion. I think this would give the picture a better perspective.
 
This image is visually bisected to a brighter upper region and a darker bottom part; if reality about the situation was like that and you wanted to retain it as such, then it would be better to minimize the darker region; i very much liked the upper part

Regards :D
 
the picture from my view was very interesting, busy yes, but interesting. for me if you would have taken some of the empty space out towards the bottom and yet kept the portion that captures the train inside I think it wouldn't jolt my eye/ thinking as much. That being said...you have the graffiti at the bottom that I can tell you were trying to capture. I understand that. However when we take our shots it's a game of sacrifices. Great photo overall. I could never get that vantage point from here in Memphis, TN.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom