child portrait, c/c and help please :)

say_cheeese!

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, i have posted this picture for c/c before. It is the first portrait i have attempted, I have had another go at post processing in photoshop but i need some help as when i try to add some warm tones to her skin, to me it seems a bit too much, but if i lower the opacity i loose it all together. How would you do it??

Original

016before.jpg

After

016after.jpg

Another forum member. Michaelintraining, introduced me to the warming filter in PSE 8. It is under Filter then Adjustments then Photo Filter. There are a variety to chose from and you can select the filter density.

Susan

are you using PSE?
I think 2 looks so much better.

hope you dont mind but I played around with it in photoshop with the coffee shop perfect portrait.

ja9w11.jpg

Nice DOF in your photo. I would def. bump up the contrast and your blacks a little bit. And maybe adjust the temperature to make it a bit warmer, if you have the ability to do so.

Good start though!

Here is my shot at it....i placed a warming filter on it but kept it low because babies naturally have skin that isn't so tan...also, i upped the saturation a bit, I used photoshop elements 7 smart brush tool to bring out the details, I despeckled it and reduced the noise because her hair was super pixelated, and also I used the unsharp mask to sharpen it without it being over sharpened like the previous user had done. The edit above mine here I think looks over sharpened and it doesn't help the pic it actually takes a way from the "baby" look and makes the pic look too hard. I also used the spot healing brush abover her lip cause it looks like she had a milk mustache or chocolate abover her mouth.

girl1-2.jpg

Thankyou for all the replies, i have had another go at it using a bit of everyones advice. I am using Photoshop CS, so firstly i used spot healing to clean up around her nose but left the splodge above lip as this is her birthmark and i wanted a true resemblence of her. Then, as suggested, i used the warming photo filter, (thanks Susan) :thumbup:, to warm her skin up a bit. I may have overdone it, im not sure??
Then, as 'ababysean' did, I used Coffee Shop Perfect Portrait to brighten her eyes and teeth (a great plug in for those who are not too experienced on photoshop like myself), however I disregarded most of the other actions such as vignetting and sharpening since I wanted to go for a more natural looking portrait.
Finally I softened her skin slightly in some areas. So, here you have it, together with the original picture straight from the camera. Let me know if it is any better, and thanks again everyone!! :mrgreen:

Original

016before.jpg

After

016afterfinaledit.jpg

So would you say i overdid it on the PP in my last edit of the picture?? While i am happy for people to have a go at editing the photo i would still appreciate some feedback on my photo so that i know what i need to improve on. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance :D

Most reactions

Back