Child with lampost...

Lacey Anne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.laceyanne.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd love some c&c on these two. I like them but I always want to learn. :) FYI, it's my son Gabriel. He and his twin brother will five next month. Mommy in me thinks he's way too big. :(

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0124.jpg

What a little cutie! I like the second shot the most-his left hand is kind of awkward in the first one. Great photo subject you've got there!

I think the composition is kinda weird. And their expressions aren't spectacular. I think the post processing in the first one looks pretty good. The second one looks like it might need an unsharp mask?

I think the composition is kinda weird. And their expressions aren't spectacular. I think the post processing in the first one looks pretty good. The second one looks like it might need an unsharp mask?
The second on I used a gaussian blur for the edges. I know it's not everyone's style, but it is mine. Especially for children. What don't you like about the comp? I'm curious to know why you think it's "kinda weird".

In the first one, the black lampost is competing for subject attention. I takes up as much of the frame as he does. And its black and not very interesting. His hand on the left there looks like its not attached to his body. His expression is lacking any real emotion, serious/funny/sad.. etc. Just kinda 'you caught me off guard'.

The second one I have the same feelings about the heavy left side detracting. The expression is a little better for me, but still not quiet there.

I also use gaussian blur on occasion, but I leave the eyes untouched, and thats what I thought looked soft in the 2nd picture, the eyes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back