Chinese Temple

lionel319

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just would like to share some pictures taken a while ago from a chinese temple in my hometown, Penang, Malaysia :)

DSC_1756.jpg

DSC_1764.jpg

Comments pls ? :)

Hallo again, Lionel, we have just "met" in the Introductions, and these are the photos that made me ask you about Malaysia.
Thanks for showing us some of your country, to me photos from those areas of the world always have some sort of exotic character since I do not often see such things.

Both photos grow a bit dark in the background, right where they would be interesting (patterns on the walls, wooden ceiling), and - unfortunately and probably because of the plenty of information that is in the tiny patterns - Photobucket made them very small, which is a pity, for even more information is taken away from them. But that is Photobucket...

Since this is in your home town, you can return and take new photos of the temple, right? Would there be a situation maybe when you get more natural light and would not need to switch on your on-camera flash? That would help the photos a lot, I think.

Oh, and by the way, I think this is more "General" than "Landscape and Nature", so I moved it into the General Gallery, ok?

Ouch .... Sorry. Really sorry for my ignorance :p Yeah. Please move my pictures to the General Gallery. :p

As for the feedbacks, Really appreciate it. But i have a question here. As i was trying to bring out and stress on the subject, (which is the buddha statue and the urn), shouldn't i make the background as blur as possible, so that the main subject does not get distracted?

Please enlighten me, as i am pretty new in photography :) Be harsh on me :)

Thanks in advance :)

Most reactions

Back