What's new

Chrisifix - Lea's traverse - Twix lips

asherexplore

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 2, 2008
Messages
265
Reaction score
0
Location
chattanooga, TN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im getting down to the bottom of my folder of climbing photos to edit.

Soo im gonna have to start shooting more.
Annd i dont know any climbers around here..
Soo i hope i can find something creative and exciting to post.

On these new three I tried different variations in PP.. partially because i cant decide what i like, and partially because im just inconsistent.

I will gladly hear all opinions.

-Chrisix-1
rob-hp40.jpg


-Lea's traverse-2
cam-leasproblem.jpg


-Twix lips-3
cam-frontslab1.jpg
 
Nice job. I think their expressions say it all.

That being said, I'd have liked to see the first guy's face in focus (though I can understand why you made his hand more important).
 
Nice job. I think their expressions say it all.

That being said, I'd have liked to see the first guy's face in focus (though I can understand why you made his hand more important).

Thanks.
And I agree with you on the first one. I'm glad the hand is in focus, but looking back I would have taken some shots with more depth of field, and then compared them.
 
I agree, I like the first photo, but i think there would be some benefit to the face being in focus. aside from that, excellent shots.
 
I love the kind of hopeful expression on the spotter on #3. It's like they perfectly well that if the climber fall, there's not an awful lot they are going to do to stop it hurting.
 
I disagree with wanting more focus in 1. I really like the wide angle, hence distortion on the climber, with his chalked and gripping hand ALL in focus as well as being THE BIGGEST part of his body, this moment also being his most important ... all the rest paling/fading/blurring behind it. I think this aspect has been perfectly worked out here in both choice of angle and focus. His face still is recognisable enough for him to know that it is him you photographed.
 
Nice series.
I really like the first one where you can see the tention in the hand.

Dani.
 
I love the kind of hopeful expression on the spotter on #3. It's like they perfectly well that if the climber fall, there's not an awful lot they are going to do to stop it hurting.

The spotter is his girlfriend, and she had reason to be a little concerned-someone had previously dislocated there shoulder from that same spot.
 
I disagree with wanting more focus in 1. I really like the wide angle, hence distortion on the climber, with his chalked and gripping hand ALL in focus as well as being THE BIGGEST part of his body, this moment also being his most important ... all the rest paling/fading/blurring behind it. I think this aspect has been perfectly worked out here in both choice of angle and focus. His face still is recognisable enough for him to know that it is him you photographed.

Thanks :)
 
Where abouts are these shots taken anyway? I've not done any climbing in ages, but the location looks fun (in a challenging kind of way)

They're from Alabama, at a spot called Horse Pens 40. Its one of my favorite places ever to boulder.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom