Christmas backdrop suggestions?

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Its my goal to get 2 or 3 new backdrops for Christmas, the past few years I have tried using a real tree but my actual backdrop options were pretty basic and I am trying to improve upon that and get more customers this year.

I checked out dennymfg but their Christmas selection is rather lacking, other than an outside door one, but that would require to be an 8x10 with 8 being the width. If I were to spend the extra money and get an 8x10 I would prefer it to be horizontal to fit more people.

I would a really nice and classy looking fireplace set for one backdrop.

For another perhaps a winter wonderland, I loved the scene from the first narnia movie but that might be a bit dated now.

And for a 3rd perhaps a nice looking Christmas tree one that is wide, 10x8.

Any suggestions? My budget for this is around $300. Right now denny has a descent sale, 6x8's for half price and 40% off 8x10's and since im a club member I save a tiny bit more and close to free shipping.

Also check Backdrop Outlet. They are having a Christimas in July sale.

String 8 to 10 strands of mini-lights in somewhat irregular fashion, in columns, from a horizontally-positioned rod or boom stand arm,etc, and positioned about five feet in front of the entire width of a set of gold curtains. SHoot with tungsten WB on the camera, and an orange gel over the flashes. Use wider apertures like f/3.5 to f/4 to render large OOF, Christmasy-lights. Off to the left hand side of the background set, have a 5-foot Christmas tree elevated 18-30 inches off the floor, with a good,strong "A" silhouette of the tree, done in lights, plus random lights on the tree as well.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I had an idea like the light strand before, just forgot about it. :)

Ill check out that sale! I want to offer my customers a Christmas in Sept special to get christmas cards and hopefully schedule a regular portrait later so I need to get going with this :D

Christina, do you have personal experience with that company? It was recommended on another forum *just realized it was the same one* and the videos they have make them look really amaturish at least compared to dennymfg. Plus they seem to have limited sizes.

Most reactions

Back