jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shots of our Christmas Cactus in bloom. I tried two different lenses to see how they rendered the picture. I also used my new Godox TT685 Mk II flash unit with the default settings. It is capable of up to 1/8000 speed.

1 Tamron 18-400mm f/6.3 1/250 ISO 1000 400mm (cropped)
dec13202101 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 Sigma 105mm Macro f/3.5 1/250 ISO 800 105mm (cropped)
dec13202101b by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 Sigma 105mm Macro f/3.5 1/250 ISO 800 105mm (full shot)
dec13202102 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

Lovely colours - are these wild plants Jeff?

Les

NIce blossoms. Since moving our cactus to different brighter room because it got too big it hasn't blossomed yet.

It sure is a pretty bloom, Jeff.
Thanks! It sure is!
Lovely flowers.....
Thanks!
Lovely colours - are these wild plants Jeff?

Les
Thanks! They are somewhere, but in this case, they are in our home. They bloom one a year around this time of year. I'm eagerly awaiting my orchid to bloom. The bloom stalk is growing, and I should see the first flowers in a few weeks.
NIce blossoms. Since moving our cactus to different brighter room because it got too big it hasn't blossomed yet.
Thanks! We keep ours in a relatively low-light area, and it seems to do quite well.

Tough decision Jeff. I definitely go for the cropped version. The colors and background are great. I like that in the Sigma version the more distant parts of the flower are in better focus. But you loose a little bit up front. In the Tamron version the I like that the highlights in the flower are just a bit brighter and contrast better with the background.

Just my thoughts. I'd be happy framing and hanging either one. Nice work!

Tough decision Jeff. I definitely go for the cropped version. The colors and background are great. I like that in the Sigma version the more distant parts of the flower are in better focus. But you loose a little bit up front. In the Tamron version the I like that the highlights in the flower are just a bit brighter and contrast better with the background.

Just my thoughts. I'd be happy framing and hanging either one. Nice work!
Thank you!

Most reactions

Back