Christmas Cactus

M @ k o

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was told this was a Christmas Cactus. It took 3 years to bloom. Hope you like.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Sorry if these are too big. Thx for looking as always ;)

Wow M @ k o . These are some great shots. Very nice!!!!!!!

Very beautiful captures of your cactus's blossoms. Mine is due to blossom any time soon, now, I would say, and I hope to get some nicer photos than I used to take when it last bloomed, too. But all I can see are new leaves... maybe it's another year before it is my cactus's time.

I like the one with the water droplets so much, and the very close close-up! But also the colours in Photo 4.

Great series, the 2nd is my favorite :)

beautiful! Now I have to ask, what did you shoot number 2 with to get the texture? I'm debating whether a macro will give me enough zoom, but i have a couple zoom extensions for my 50mm lens right now. Of course, that isn't much...:grumpy:

nice shots mako... sweet saturation!
thanks for sharing :D

Thx everyone I'm glad you like them, such a beautiful flower isn't it.

Hey Matt-Bass, I shot it with the 18-55mm 20D kit lens @ 55 and got as close as I can to it around 3ft or so. Then, zoomed in and cropped. Would love to have a macro lens one day... one day.

Thx all again for coming in :wink:

nice shots, that's a cool cactus, my dad has one that just bloomed a few weeks ago - i wasn't prepared though, no camera :grumpy: . even if i had it, i don't think my photos would have turned out this good. love the last one with the droplets/backlight. very nice.

Most reactions

Back