christmas candid

goodoneian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
no very christmas themed or anything but it was on christmas, and i like how it came out:wink:

haven't posted in a while and i feel like sharing something
3176524772_03327e186e.jpg

any critique is welcome though it was just a "snapshot"

I really like the sharpness of the picture. Did you PS it at all? What gear did you use for the shot?

In terms of the shot itself, I'm on the fence with the sun. Part of me likes it, but another part finds it distracting from the main subject (woman with dog).

Nice picture though

as far as PS'ing goes all's i did was tweak the luminance of the blues in ACR to get the sky to stand out more.

gear was an sb80dx with 1/4 cto shot through a 45" westcott umbrella camera left right out of the frame pretty much.

i didn't mean to get the sun in it like that actually. i kind of like but i can see how it would be somewhat distracting.

i'm not sure what to comment on......... a candid ... or a snapshot? your subject line says "christmas candid" but your body says "snapshot". i would give you two different comments for each one.

1. Candid ......... it's not a candid, the subject is looking directly at the camera and the feeling of the moment is .... "let's do a photo for the family"...... if your trying to get a candid ..... change your apeture for a narrower depth of field and tell your wife/gf to pet the dog and not look at the camera. as for the sun, change positions or use a prop that would block the sun but something not so colorful as to attract attention. maybe remove the tags from the dog if your real conserned with distractions.

2. snapshot ..... "Great"! .... pics of friends, pets and family should be nothing more than in focus. if the entire photo is in focus, yes, there will several distractions, but the purpose of a snapshot is just that. a memory.

Most reactions

Back