Christmas Card/Baby Announcement

Ballistics

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
26808774319_7fd3e5d37a_z.jpg

24711689698_8d0922b396_z.jpg

This is a 2 sided Christmas card that is also going to be a baby announcement. A tired 4 year old is a task to photograph but with a little patience I was able to make it happen. I don't love the composition of the second but writing is going in the bottom left corner. Also, the shiny dress posed a bit of a problem, and the hot shoulder is a bit distracting, but I didn't like the way it looked burned.

Last edited:
Looks fine to me. I would have the Merry Christmas at the top of the first side and then the text on the right lower quarter of the back side. I would drop the exposure on the throw rug on the left side of the back side image just so it does not distract from the main subject.

The first one looks fine except I feel like I'm almost looking thru a haze (which might partly be the way the photo looks on here).

I couldn't tell what I was looking at in the second one at first. I'd think about making copies and trying a slight crop to eliminate that top corner of the box lid that looks whitish, and to eliminate the edge of her hand; then crop sides slightly as needed to balance the image. That might help bring the viewer in a little to what's in the box (although people that know the family I suppose might realize what that is right away).

I don't know, would it work to put the lettering on the yellow orange? (Yeah, that's bright and visually my eyes went right to it.) Depends I guess on how much lettering and what color. We read from left to right, top to bottom so it seems kind of backwards to start reading at lower left.

I think these need to be much brighter, and I would also reduce the vignette.

Thank you for the C+C guys

I love this concept. It will be fun for the recipient.

I have a comment on the content. If the second photo is intended to be the surprise reveal, I think the gift tag in the first photo is too much of a giveaway.

Really, really cute card.

Most reactions

Back