Christmas Day @ the beach

LadybearHilde

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Again a beach picture :) I live in Florida and no matter how many times you go to the same beach, it's always different. This was taken Christmas morning of this year. Same camera (Pentax ME Super, 400 speed kodak film)

Christmas2005A.jpg

I used to live at the beach and I can relate perfectly. Besides which it is justa marvelous picture in its own right. With that surf wouldn't it have been grand if a fishing boat had happened by.

With or without the boad that is just beautiful.

Sweet shot... makes me homesick - I'm from Destin, Florida and am currently in St Louis, Missouri. Or is that Misery? What part of Florida is that? All the sea oats and dunes around Destin have been wiped clean by hurricanes the last couple years.

Actually it is Destin :) The picture was taken at Henderson Park (off Hwy 98 just up and across the street from Fudpuckers). The dunes are making a nice come back since the hurricanes, but the shoreline is getting a little shorter. This beach is one of my favorite places to go because, as long as it's a state park, it will not be developed. (we cross our fingers and hope)

The sky in this one and the surf make it extra special. I like the sky most, though, the intensity of WEATHER. (Though I hear sometimes the weather gets too intense for your liking!?!?)

Isn't there a cargo ship or something big on the horizon?

LadybearHilde said:
Actually it is Destin :) The picture was taken at Henderson Park (off Hwy 98 just up and across the street from Fudpuckers). The dunes are making a nice come back since the hurricanes, but the shoreline is getting a little shorter. This beach is one of my favorite places to go because, as long as it's a state park, it will not be developed. (we cross our fingers and hope)

Wow, they are making a comeback then. I did a couple family portrait shoots at Henderson Beach at Christmas of 2003. My wife's niece got married on the beach at Henderson in October of 2004 (2 weeks after Ivan) and I photographed that as well. I've taken a ton of pictures down the beach a bit further at the Crystal Beach Pier remains and around Pompano Joe's. And, btw, Chester Kroeger (owner of Fuds) is a friend of mine...

Now I'm really homesick !!!!

There was a ship of some sort out on the horizon. I couldn't make it out but it had to be pretty big to show up in the picture. Dave, I'll try to post some more pictures to cheer you up :) Just need to get them to the scanner LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back