Christmas displays at night, Niagara Falls

Gandalf

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm thinking that maybe I can get a few good shots of some of the light displays here in Niagara Falls, blow them up, and give them as presents or maybe just place them in my room, but...

...what tips can you offer me about shooting light displays at night? I figure ISO100 film to cut down on the grain if I blow them up, and a large aperature with lots of bracketing since I really have no clue how long the exposure will need to be in these lighting conditions...I'd say lighting conditions would be comparable to a quiet city street with orange street lights, and it's snowing now so there will definitely be a beautiful blanket of the white stuff to consider....

I've got a wide angle lense, 50mm, 120mm portrait lense and 300mm telephoto lense for my XG-M...

So, any thoughts or tips are greatly appreciated.

And I know I'll have to put my lenses and camera in a sealed plastic bag when I bring them back into room temperature, can't afford to damage my equipment...

Oh, and I know I'm kind of rambling now but if any of you have some location ideas or shots to consider let me know, it's the Canadian side of the the Falls so there are plenty of beautiful displays, snow covered foliage, and other decked-out buildings...

Thanks, I look forward to your replies replies. :)

Nothing eh, maybe this should be moved to the Locations board?

I dunno...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back