Christmas Hawk

K9Kirk

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I almost didn't see this red-shouldered hawk sitting inside this tree in the shade, he was well camouflaged.

607-red-shouldered-hawk-branch-(2)-rd.jpg

Great focus. Nice catch!

Very nice shot!

wow beautiful

your very welcome

Nice shot, looks like you nailed the focus! Is this a pretty heavy crop? And did you apply any noise reduction? (a bit noisy with what I think is color fringing around it's head....just curious)

Nice shot, looks like you nailed the focus! Is this a pretty heavy crop? And did you apply any noise reduction? (a bit noisy with what I think is color fringing around it's head....just curious)

Thanks.
It's not a heavy crop, it's only cropped about 25%, if that, but I did raise the exposure because of how dark it was in the shade. I didn't notice a problem with noise, myself, the ISO being at 250. That brown outline around the head probably is color fringe. Oh, well.

Last edited:
Well, I don't see much of anything to complain about here. A wonderful, unique pose that we don't see often, and I think you did a very nice job with your processing. That lifted foot with its tiny curled claws is killing me! :586:

Nominated for POTM.

Well, I don't see much of anything to complain about here. A wonderful, unique pose that we don't see often, and I think you did a very nice job with your processing. That lifted foot with its tiny curled claws is killing me! :586:

Nominated for POTM.

WHAT?! I don't know what to say other than thank you!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back