Christmas in Plymouth...

Fate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.davidhedgesphotography.carbonmade.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all.. its been AGES since i last post :) I am now studying a BA (hons): Photography course at Plymouth uni :) and for one of my projects, i decided to go Christmasy and photograph a 4ft xmas tree in different locations around the city of Plymouth :) Hope you like! I got many, many strange looks carrying this thing, i can tell you!

Happy New Year!

1.)

DSC_2693_WEB.jpg

2.)

DSC_2742_WEB.jpg

3.)

DSC_2777_WEB.jpg

4.)

DSC_2784_WEB.jpg

5.)

DSC_2806_WEN.jpg

6.)

DSC_2816_web.jpg

7.)

DSC_2823_web.jpg

8.)

DSC_2837_web.jpg

9.)

DSC_2853_WEB.jpg

10.)

DSC_2874_web.jpg

11.)

DSC_2899_WEB.jpg

12.)

DSC_2908_WEB.jpg

Thankyou :)

DH

What fun! And that little tree travelled with presents and all! :D
I even recognise some of the areas! :D Like the station, and the famous water front (which got a name, but that I forgot... ).
Why is it that some of your light sources (such as the sun in 5) look so ... funny. So painted?

I like it - really neat idea. My favorites are #10 & #11

Love the idea, and the execution! It brings a smile to my face to picture you carting it around the city and setting it up. (And it's good to see you posting again).

I really like many of the shots (there's an almost 'documentary' quality to how you've chosen your locations), but I especially like 1, 10 and 11

Yes thats near where we were for our mini meet-up Corinna... the ones near the water are on Plymouth Hoe.

Its cool you came down this way Fate.. and attending the same art college as i did!... you did well with the ideas here, well done :thumbup:

these are astounding photos. oh my word... i love the content and the places you chose to put the trees... it all works so well together. i love it, hands down

Ha great idea for a photo series. I find it very amusing to picture someone walking around with the tree to set up in different locations but its great. My favorite overall is 11 with 1 following close behind. Maybe its just me but number 3 seems slightly tilted and may need some straightening.

Very nice and very creative xmas shots...
You dont see that kind of creativity very often here.
great job.

Thanks for all the nice comment guys :) was a really fun series to do!

To answer your question LAFoto "Why is it that some of your light sources (such as the sun in 5) look so ... funny. So painted?"

I used the HDR technique of combining..well.. i thnk it was 9 in this case, exposures together. In some cases, it threw the light sources off a little bit and did make them look a bit painted. :) I need to get better at HDR stuff really :)

Anyways, thanks for the comments!

DH

Most reactions

New Topics

Back